September 15, 2009

A Trademark Gift

This is one of my trademark gifts that I love to give to friends. And today I'm even using Papertrey's Trademarks stamp set...so I guess my gift and this stamp set were made to be used together. This mug/plate/dish cloth ensemble was my birthday gift to Nichole.

The gift I love to give is a single place setting with a salad size plate and some sort of cup/mug. This gift is a salad plate, a mug and a set of three matching wash cloths. I think this gift is something special because it's all for the recipient to call their own. They can use it for their lunches, a little snack, morning tea or coffee with a little cookie....or they can even turn it into a little centerpiece at a small gathering by piling the plate up with finger food snacks and putting some little napkins in the mug. Having a special plate and cup/mug makes any dining experience a little more special.
But I didn't stop there. I like to fancy my gifts up just a bit. Here, I used a Spellbinder's Large Scalloped Circle die template and a piece of brown patterned paper from Papertrey's Green Tea Leaves paper pad. This makes for a little liner to fit into the plate and for the mug to rest on.
Then I added one of my all time favorite items, a clothespin....covered with more of the same patterned paper and Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Jute Twine. For the tag, I stamped an image from Trademarks with Dark Chocolate ink, added a letter *N* from a $1 alphabet and then highlighted the letter *N* with a clear sticker dot. I love how this simple little monogram makes such a neat, personalized tag. I then stamped a label from Vintage Labels around the Trademarks stamped image and cut out the images with my Spellbinder's Labels 1 Nestabilities die templates. All of the labels from Vintage Labels have corresponding dies that they can be cut out with..........swoon....sigh.......ahhhh. To finish up my gift presentation, I simply clipped the tag to the mug with the decorated clothespin.
Here's a nifty little idea: Create a little mini coffee bar by placing the ensemble in a small tray lined with cloth napkins (no paper napkins please). This can be carried to a favorite reading spot, an ottoman, coffee table or crafting area. I love to do this with two plates and mugs when I have a friend over. I tuck little creamers and teas in the tray so that my guest can select her own beverage.
I just love looking at this photo above. It makes me have that warm, fuzzy feeling all over. Gifts for your friends should be special. They don't have to cost a lot either. Just keep it simple, simple, simple......add a few finishing touches.......and make a nice presentation. Your friend will love it.

Note: Dishes are by Tag (found at my local gift shop). I have a whole new collection of these that I'm pairing with saffron yellow and mossy green...so pretty! Napkins, wicker tray, place mat and table cloth are from Nell Hill located in Atchison, Kansas. So worth the trip!

27 comments:

Jane said...

this is PERFECT!! love it! Thanks for sharing this awesome gift idea!!

Karen said...

This is a great idea. The presentation is perfect. Beautiful mug and plate. Wish I had a Nell Hill's in Oregon. Thanks for giving us so many wonderfu ideas.

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is perfect for gifts. What a great idea and thanks for sharring. I could see doing these for gifts for next year for Christmas and adding some assorted teas. I was looking for something to coordinate with a tea theme so just perfect. Wish we had a Nell Hill's. Now I'm on a hunt for mugs and plates.

Lan said...

Love all the wonderful gift ideas!

Juls said...

such a fab gift idea!!

Heather said...

What a darling idea! I love this idea and am off to visit our local $ store (where everything is 1$!). I just know I can find all sorts of wonderful gift goodies that co-ordinate and I'm brimming with fun ideas right now.
Thanks for the inspirations, Mish!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous gift! It's been awhile since I've been to Nell Hill's. Guess when I head to Weston for apples I should just continue up the road for a stroll through that awesome store!

Kellie B said...

This is really a beautiful gift! Perfect presentation! A real joy to the receiver!

-Susan- said...

I love everything you do! This project is darling!

Penny J. said...

Really love this gift idea. You and Dawn have convinced me that next time I am in KS I NEED to go to NEll Hill. My son, DIL and grandkids live in Olathe, so hopefully there will be a trip soon!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is a wonderful gift!! I could hardly tear myself away from the last photo. What a great presentation. Thanks for the inspiration.
Since my husband is from Kansas I think we need to make a trip soon!! I would love to check out Nell Hill House.

Patti J. said...

OMG, how cute! I'm in the process TODAY of creating some items for a non-profit fundraising auction, and I simply must make one or two of these! Thanks so much for the beautiful idea!

lynn said...

wonderful!

Wendi said...

Oh my, another great gift idea. I love this idea. I better start looking around for some of these. I'm not sure the drive from California would be worth it though! I'll have to find something closer to me. I'm not sure how I would sell that trip to my husband! Thanks for sharing!

AnnElise R. said...

This is an AMAZING idea! I love all the simple and stylish gifts you create!

Tricia T said...

What a great idea!!! I just sent you an email to ask a Kansas travel question. :-) I might have to make a stop at that shop...

wandykj said...

Great idea! I too love to make up little special gifts for birthdays & Christmas that make the receiver feel extra special. Keep the ideas coming-you're an inspiration:)

Hugs,
Wanda

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Ahhhhh, perfect gift! I love all your tips, stories and comments about each project that you do. What a lovely and thoughtful gift! I love this idea!

DB said...

This is perfect for a teacher's gift! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole A. said...

This is the cutest thing ever, seriously! I love love love it! This is great for a teachers gift! Your amazing!

DeeDee said...

OMG! You are AMAZING! WOW, can you be my friend Mish? LOL! This gift would make any special friend smile the biggest smile EVAH! WONDERFUL! HUGS!

Yvette said...

This is sooo cute! What a great idea!

Carol (HB) said...

Mish, I love this. Totally love this!

Kim at Polka Dot Thought said...

Precious idea--great hostessing gift too!

Neo said...

It's wonderful present!

Susan G said...

Yet another fantastic idea from you. What a wonderful little gift for someone special! And you've just pushed me over the edge so that I now HAVE to have the Vintage Label set. I'd been talking myself out of it until now.

adrienne said...

Really nice!! I love making little things for my friends as well, just to say ...hey, I like you. Nice idea, LOVE the colors

Related Posts with Thumbnails