September 20, 2009

Tie one on....

Karen Lockhart's Vintage Apron stamp is simply adorable. Every time I make a trip to the quilt shop, I see a different apron made up.....and tons of apron patterns. I think I'll have to buy a few patterns and see what I can whip up for my Etsy shop sometime soon. In the meantime, I've made some fun apron cards with Karen's stamp. I paper pieced the apron by stamping the image onto some Basic Grey patterned paper. I cut out the images and adhered them so my cardstock mats, stitching around the edges to add a homespun feel. I added strings of tied buttons and pretty pink ribbons.
The inside of my cards read *It's your birthday...tie one one!!* I love the play on words..perfect for that friend that loves aprons!
And here's another card from the blog archives I made using Vintage Apron.

Boy, all this talk about aprons makes me wanna go whip up something in the kitchen. Hope you're having a great day!

15 comments:

Karen said...

The apron image is so sweet. Love the homespun look and fun sentiment.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

These cards are simply gorgeous. Love that old time feel...makes me think of my Grandma... Love it and your paper piecing is fabulous.

Hugs Brenda

Gabriela said...

Mish - your vintage aprons are adorable. I adore the BG DP you selected for these. Simply sensation!

Elaine said...

How adorable! They are so sweet, Mish! There are lots of quilt shops in the Pacific Northwest. You should come out some time! :)

Cindy Lyles said...

OMW Mish these are spectacular! Makes me want to stamp and sew at the same time!!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Mish these are just tooo darn adorable! I love your color combos and LO of the cards!They remind me of my grandmother....so great!! :)

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Mish these are just tooo darn adorable! I love your color combos and LO of the cards!They remind me of my grandmother....so great!! :)

My Vintage Studio said...

Hello. I found your blog today...it is beautiful with creativity! I am fairly new to stamping and making cards...I have made alter items...

I love the way your bows look! Is there a tutorial to make the bows? I have searched the Internet but have had no luck with ribbons. Thank you in advance for your response!
Sharon

Karla Kroese said...

Both cards are just darling! Makes me want this stamp even more. I'm a sucker for aprons! They're so great for inspiration.

Andrea said...

Mish ~ I would LOVE to buy an apron similar to either of those pics - GORGEOUS! And I know your choice in fabrics would be just as beautiful as your choice is papers. Everyone in my house has an apron but ME! And I'm the one who does all of the cooking. Time to stop waiting for them to take the hint and just buy one for myself. Let me know if you're interested astaff at bete dot com.
Thanks,
Andrea

Shirley said...

The vintage aprons are just so cute. We had a great article recently in our local paper about aprons. Your work is always so inspiring.
Shirley Lee
shirlee@surewest.net

Emmy said...

Your cards are so cute! I want to make a real apron that is just as cute!

Michelle said...

OMG these are just too GORGEOUS! I love your aprons!

Linda Beeson said...

Not only is that apron adorable and not only is that sentiment so fitting and cute but WOWIE on your choice of papers and colors! LOVE these.

Victoria Hassink said...

Hi Mish, I have a little project in mind and I wanted to send it to you as a little thank-you for all your inspiration. Is it possible to get an address to send it to? I understand you are probably reluctant to give out that information, maybe a PO Box?
I am not a stalker I promise!

Thanks,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails