September 16, 2009

Pickin's from the patch...

Last weekend my dad and the girls picked a few punkins and gourds from our vine patch. These are just a few of the ones we picked...plunked down in this wire flower pot stand my dad gave me. He dug it out of an old barn at my grandparent's farm. It was my grandmother's...I don't remember ever seeing it though as a child but I sure do love it now. It's rusty and has lots of turns and scroll-y wires. So cute for Fall and Halloween! Here's a pretty little orange pumpkin (it got hail damage from a storm.....the adjuster said pumpkins were not covered under our policy).......and some silver/blue pumpkins......
And some white pumpkins...I love the variety we planted this year. I'll show you more another time.
Our pumpkins inspired this card below. I colored the image while at Nichole's house..we were all playing around with the Copics.
I used my beloved Vintage Picnic stamp set, using a plaid picnic basket and the pleasingly plump pumpkins for my card along with the *happy harvest* sentiment. I colored them with Copics and then fancied up my main image piece with Dark Chocolate and Orange Zest ribbon. A tied Vintage Button sits on top of the stitched ribbons. Background papers are from the Autumn Abundance and Green Tea Leaf patterned paper collections. Base card is Kraft with Dark Chocolate for the mat layer. Scallops are from a Fiskars border punch.
Hope you're having a beautiful day! Fall is definitely in the air around our house. My sister and my niece are coming for the weekend and it's sure to be a grand time. I have the urge to decorate for Fall so I have to hurry up and get my house all clean first. It's rare that I have company so it's fun to get the house all gussied up. Oh and the cooking, I have lots of munchies to prepare.

And did I tell you that we're going to two fun events.......Nell Hill on Friday for Mary Carol's Fall open house tour....swoon.....and the Hillsboro Arts and Craft Show on Saturday......it's been an annual event for my mom and I since I was in grade school. I think I missed one year when I was 8.5 months pregnant with Jordan. Now my sister and my niece join in on the fun. Good times around the bend! I'll be sure to take more photos of my Fall decorating and the fun times!

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great card love the colours and the basket :)

Cheryl

Cynthia Smith said...

Oooh how I love this card.So fall...And in Germany now the leaves are turning and they have the pumpkins out.And how I LOVE the stamp set this one I do have.Love everything you did to this beautiful card Mish :0)

Wendi said...

Your pumpkins are great and I love the card. Have a great fun time this weekend. Can't wait to see pictures for some new fresh decorating ideas. As for Southern California, not looking like Fall here for awhile! Still in the
90s but I'm ready to decorate too!

Jean Franks Beck said...

*gasp* this is soooo gorgeous!!! Love your picnic basket set, and the combo with those papers is fab!

Mimi said...

So when will we see another fabulous stamp set from you?? Love the card and the fall inspiration! Enjoy your fun weekend!

Elizabeth S. said...

What a great stand and all those pumpkins!! Love your card, so Fall or Autumn. Have a great time this weekend sounds like a lot of fun.

patriciad said...

Love the card and man, that stand is sooo cool - and extra bonus points because it belonged to your grandmother. Have a great time with your sis and niece - sounds like there's gonna be some fun days coming up for you and your family.

Tinkertaylor said...

Stunning card I love the colours of Autumn or Fall depending which side of the pond you're on

Kathi said...

Love the pumpkin stand...so neat! Would love to grow my own pumpkins so I could decorate with as many as I wanted & it wouldn't cost me a penny! Been making fall cards today & loving Vintage Picnic. I know the recipients of my cards will be sure to comment on it. Have fun this weekend. Let us know what follows you home.

Michelle said...

I am in LOVE with the stand.. SO adorable.. The card is fabulous too. I really enjoy using your new set. I can't wait to see more of your designs.

Michelle

Unknown said...

I'm going to Nell Hill's tomorrow with my mom. I love that place!!!! I've been there during her open houses and they are usually very busy. We are trying to avoid the crowd. I hope that you have fun!!!!!!

Dottie K. said...

Such a fun fall card. Have a great time with your family on your weekend adventures. Looking forward to seeing some photos. :)

Amy said...

I miss going to the Hillsboro Arts & Crafts Fair! It was a wonderful way to kick-off to our fall activities as a family. Have fun and eat a bierocks for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails