September 9, 2009

Family and Friends

This pretty thank you card is going out to a wonderful couple who made me feel right at home. Nichole and David welcomed Dawn and I right into their home and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Just wait til you see the new house...we got to look at the floor plan and it is so awesome.

So let's get to the stamping. I used Boards and Beams for my thank you card. If you take a look at the big house in this set, it looks very similar to Nichole's house from the front view. Such a cute house. I stamped the skinny house onto Autumn Abundance patterned paper and the colored the shingles, shutters and door with Copic markers, just to add some definition to the house. I die cut a large square and scalloped square from Spellbinder's Square and Scalloped Square Nestabilities die templates. The paper pieced house, a very heartfelt sentiment and two punched hearts layered with tied Vintage Buttons all fit on the base square.
My card size is 5.25" square and fits into one of Papertrey's new square envelopes. It's a fun size to work with, especially if your main images take up a bunch of space on your card. I stamped a tree and some picket fence on my envelope and colored the images with Copics.
The inside of my card has the thank you sentiment and a snippet of scalloped punched patterned paper to match the card front.
A pretty little card for a very awesome couple!

11 comments:

Juls said...

such a beautiful sentiment!! and I just love the card gorgeous image and colours!!

patriciad said...

What a fantastic card! Everything about it is just beautiful. I'm sure Nichole and David will absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

This card would make a lovely mishie kit!!!!!hint hint!

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic card, they will love it!

Patti J. said...

Wow - this is gorgeous - your friends will be delighted to receive it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....I just found your site while searching for "mason jars"....oh I am in LOVE!!! Wanting to get all my scrap/stamp-stuff out all over again!!! I haven't been able to...4 kids 7and under and NO time during these present days!! Maybe I shouldn't be reading so many blogs?? ha!
I was wondering...you seem to know about mason/ball jars. do you know of a 150th birthday gallon jar from mason in the past year or so? My Mom mentioned it today, and I'd love to find it for her!!
Thanks and love your blog! Will be coming back again and again!
-jen in indiana

Tinkertaylor said...

Love everything about this card

Janelle said...

Love this card, Michelle. I have to start remembering that it's "OK" to print on patterned paper -- the house looks fabulous! They'll love the card, just as I'm sure they loved having your company for the weekend.

Carol (HB) said...

Mish, this is just SO you and SO adorable! I love seeing the pics of your weekend... especially the ones on Dawn's blog! Cracks me UP!

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful!

Leanne said...

Thanks for taking the paper piecing look further with the colouring on the pieces. Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails