September 2, 2009

Mishie Mini Kits

Edit: THE PUMPKIN GUT KITS ARE SOLD OUT. Thank you, thank for your orders! I've had lots of requests for more kits so more are on the way. They'll be something different, as each kit is a limited edition set. I will make some more Halloween themed ones though. So glad you liked them!!

Happy September..which means it's getting closer to Fall...which means Halloween will be here soon! Yippee, I love Halloween. I would like to take a minute to thank you all for your wonderful support of my Etsy shop. You've been asking me to sell my goodies for a long time so I'm happy I finally took the plunge and opened my little shop. Your wonderful response is truly appreciated. (By the way, if you're wondering how to pronounce Etsy, I looked it up on the site...it rhymes with Betsy). I will be keeping the shop updated..all you have to do is check out my Etsy shop link..it's just to the left side at the top of my blog. <------------

Since I no longer do any type of workshops in my home, I'm missing all the little kits I used to design for classes. So I thought I would try out something new in my Etsy shop. I've designed the first of what I'm calling Mishie Mini Kits.

All kits will be limited to the number listed in my Etsy shop with the kit listing. When the kits are gone, they're gone.....then I'll move on to a new kit. I know you love all the little homemade embellishments I make so now I'm offering some of them in my mini kits.

My first Mishie Mini Kit is called Pumpkin Guts. When I looked at all my goodies scattered about on my table, I thought it looked like a pumpkin exploded!
In each Pumpkin Guts kit, you will get the supplies shown below.
Kit includes:
(2) 4-1/4" wide patterned paper pieces with scalloped edges(reversible pattern)
(1) piece black velvet ric rac trim
(1) piece orange vintage trim
(2) orange vintage buttons, tied with twine
(2) black/white polka dot circles
(2) punched Halloween themed circles
(4) orange-y Dew Drops
With those supplies, you will have the *goodies* to create two great cards. The detail work is all done for you. All you need to add is a base card and some stamped embellishments. I know you all have plenty of stamps, right? You can mix and match the supplies however you like. You can also use them on scrapbook pages, gift bags, etc.
With each new kit listing, I will provide project samples here the blogaroonie to give you some fun ideas to try. Today, I made two cards with the Pumpkin Guts kit. For my first card, I used Papertrey's Boo to You stamp set to create some fun trick or treat pumpkin baskets. I cut the circles to create a scallop border at the top of my card. I paper pieced the pumpkins and added Glitter to give them lots of detail. The Dew Drops were adhered with liquid glue to resemble little candies popping out of the treat baskets. Cardstock used was Papertrey Kraft, Ripe Avocado and Rustic White.
For my second card below, I turned my card base sideways and used the reverse patterned paper of spider webs. The circle embellishments became the main focus of my cards along with a paper pieced and glittered bat from Boo to You. My favorite loopy circle is from Papertrey's Borders and Corners Circles. To keep in theme with the print on the patterned paper, I stamped Background Basics: Text Style around the edges of my card. The Dew Drops were used along side the fun sentiments stamped from Boo to You. (Piney, I love this set!)
I think it would be fun to invite a friend over for coffee and some stamping fun. One card for you, one card for your friend. I know my girls would love to make cards with the Pumpkin Guts kit, so maybe you could use the kits as little gifts for the kiddos. Or perhaps, you want to have a full fledged Girls Night where you purchase enough kits for a few more friends. For the price of one of my cards, the Mini Kits will be a great little form of entertainment, no matter how you use them.
My kits will be packaged in little paper sacks and will ship in a padded envelope. They are flat and sized the same as a regular card. So you could easily slip the contents into a mailing envelope to surprise someone with a little project. To find my kits, just click on the link to my Etsy shop at the left. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!

10 comments:

Barbara Schram said...

Oh my, you are soooo creative. And those kits are a super idea! Good Luck in your shop!

Karen said...

What a fantastic idea. Those kits are so cute. You always have the best goodies on your cards. It would be fun to surprise my stamping buddies with these for the next time we have a get together. Sometimes we have a hard time coming up with ideas for what to do. Also, since these will go together easily, there is time for catch up conversation and they still go home with completed cards.

Anonymous said...

It is 10:39 and all the kits are gone! I'd love some kits, please let me lknow if you decide to make more. Thank you,Michelle michellemallett@comcast.net

Stefani said...

This is SUCH a great idea!! Thanks! :)

Katie Skiff said...

The kits are gone? No surprise here, that is a great idea!! Good luck...I'll be stalking a lil faster next time!! LOL

Melissa said...

That a great idea, I'm sure you'll sell lots of those! Everyone will love to have some of the cute embellishments that you come up with!

connie said...

I love your mini-kits. I went to your Esty page but the kits must have already sold out:( Maybe next time.

Jane said...

snif, snif...I 'ran' to your etsy shop to see what I could buy and there's no international shipping!! snif, snif...:(

MaGoooo said...

What an AWESOME idea Mishie!

Scrappin Cheryl said...

What a great idea - love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails