September 8, 2009

Stamping at Nichole's

Hi everyone! Dawn and I made it back safely from Nichole's. We had a wonderful weekend. Nichole and David were the best hostesses ever. We mostly just sat around and talked and ate...the perfect, long weekend.

We did take a little time to stamp in Nichole's studio. Nichole, Dawn, Wendy (Nichole's BFF) and I dug out the Copics and each made a creation. We created quite the beautiful mess as you can see below. Here's the card I created using In Bloom. I colored the delightful flowers and leaves with Copic markers, paper pieced them and then added lots of Stickles for shimmer and shine.
The base card is Kraft, along with Aqua Mist. Under the raised flowers, I used a new texture plate(QuicKutz) I got at the local scrapbook store while visiting Nichole. Of course I had to make a few purchases while I was there. The textured piece was stamped with Fresh Snow using Polka Dot Basics. The *thinking of you* sentiment is from Vintage Picnic Sentiments. That bottom pieced with images stamped from Background Basics: Stars was a scrap piece I found in Nichole's stash. I finished off my card with a bright and cheery piece of Orange Zest ribbon and tied Vintage Buttons.

Note: My card size fits the new A1 Envelopes (I used Kraft). Nichole has two great downloads located in the envelope section of the PTI store....one for envelope liner templates and another for handy dandy measurements for card cutting sizes to fit the corresponding envelopes. I've already printed the cutting guide download and have it taped up in my stamp room. (prints on 8.5" x 14").
Here's the beautiful creations of the other girls.
I am now inspired to get back into my stamp room and CREATE. I have lots of design work to catch up on so I better get to cranking stuff out. Have a great day everyone!! And a big THANK YOU to Nichole and David for a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Mish they are all so beautiful! I can never stamp when I am with a group. Apparently, my mouth (talking) and hands (stamping) don't work together. I am so in love with the card and the texture plate. I have my first order for PTI saved and waiting for payday. I can't wait to switch from SU to PTI. Thanks for sharing your gorgeousness!

Nancy in CA said...

What a beautiful grouping of cards, so wish I could have joined in...oops I guess Calif is a bit too far. Thanks again for sharing with the world, all that you create. Have a great week. Nancy

wendy said...

It was so great to meet you and I had a blast as well. My jaw is finally healing from all the laughter. Guess I should write up a post! :)

Gabriela said...

What a gorgeous In Bloom card! I just love it - you're amazing with Copics.

Michelle said...

OHH MAN that sounds like FUN!! Glad you guys had a blast.

Michelle

Cheryl said...

All of the cards are great. Love the flower images and the colours that were used.
Sounds like you had a blast :)
Cheryl

K said...

What beautiful cards and I bet you all had such a blast. I love that flower and I really need to pull it out and make some cards with it on vintage paper. Brilliant!

Marissa said...

Why do you love the Copic's so much? They look cool but i'm not sure if I would use them. Thanks!

CherylQuilts said...

These are so beautiful! In Bloom is one of my all-time favorite PTI sets, and I love these new cards. You gals are so talented, and it must have been so much fun being together and creating! So glad you had a wonderful time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails