September 5, 2009

Snail mail...times 4

I did a fun little twist on this card layout. I stamped Karen Lockhart's Writing Letters stamp four times on four different patterned papers. The sentiment *snail mail for you* is from Vintage Picnic from Papertrey. Patterned papers are from K and Company. For each stamped image, I used a Grey Copic Marker (like W3) to outline the stack of letters. This gives the images a little more definition and depth. Each color of letter stacks got a coordinating tied button to match.

Stamping on patterned paper is such a fun way to get lots of color onto your images...without a lot of work. Just use a sharp pair of fine tipped scissors to get nice, precise cuts. Easy peasy. Hope you're having a great day! Have you made a card lately.....make 'em and mail 'em ladies!

3 comments:

glitter girl said...

I love when you say "make 'em and mail 'em." I love when you stamp on patterned paper, too. I tried it w/ the house Boards & Beams after seeing you do it.
Hope you're having a great time at Nichole's!

Dishtowel Dame said...

What a perfectly pleasing card! You are so talented! I could envision just one of those mail images on a tiny 3 x 3 card. Your blog is such an inspiration!
Ann

Shawninaz said...

It took me forever to find them but I've finally ordered Freaky Girl and Boy. I'm waiting to see what you do with Freaky Boy. Inspire me Mish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails