August 31, 2009

Spooky Sweets

Are you like Broom Hilda these days, flying every witch way? Then you've come to the right place cuz I'm brewing up some speedy quick Halloween treats. They're quick, easy, cute....and no kettle is required!!

At our schools now, it is policy that we can't bring home made treats to school anymore. Boo. Hiss. They all know I'm the queen of homemade treats, how could they do this to me, right?? Well, I'm going with the flow and improvising!

Here's what I'm giving as teacher treats (and maybe some of the girls' closer friends) this year as Halloween goodies. We'll start with the supply list: Hocus Pocus patterned paper cut into 5-1/2" squares, 2009 Halloween Tags stamp set, True Black ink, Kraft and Summer Sunrise cardstock, True Black ribbon, circle and scalloped circle punches, Scor-Tape, pop dots black sequin stickers, and Hershey candy bars.
Directions: Wrap the patterned paper around candy bars, using Scor-Tape. I make sure to not tape my paper directly to the candy bar. This way the recipient can slide off the wrapper to keep...or regift by inserting another candy bar inside. Stamp a Halloween tag image onto Kraft cardstock and punch with circle punch. Punch scallop circle from Summer Sunrise cardstock. Tie ribbon around candy bar, cut ends with pinking shears. Attach tag to candy bar with two pop dots. Put one black sequin sticker on tag.
And that's it! Easy peasy and ready for gift giving. It's hand stamped and it's chocolate.....can't get much better than that!
A few other nifty ideas: Try using other candy bars like Kit Kats, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups(my personal fave)......or gum packets. Use the pattern paper as gift wrap and package up an I-Tunes card in the same fashion. Just remember, gift giving doesn't have to mean you spend hours in the craft room or that you break the bank.....keep it simple, keep it inexpensive pay attention to detail and whip these little gifts out. Have fun!!

For even more cute treat ideas, visit these talented girls' blogs:
Nichole Heady
Becky Oehlers
Heather Nichols
Lauren Meader
Lisa Johnson
Teri Anderson

12 comments:

cynthia said...

Very Cute Mish! Also very fast and yet a great gift.Boo On the school for doing that to you.They are going to miss those great cookies and brownies you make.Send them my way instead.HeHeHe!!!!Thanks Mish your blog is #1

Jane said...

I think I love you!!!! ;)

Carolyn said...

What adorable little boxes.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Dottie K. said...

You're too funny! Great and quick gift. So cute! How could they do that to you, the queen of homemade goodies. Have a great day! Dottie K.

Tamara said...

love the fast, and still personal gift idea!

Wendi said...

Oh I just LOVE your SUPER cute ideas! You Rock!! I think these will be perfect for my daughters third grade class. Thanks for the easy and super cute ideas! I always need quick little thoughts for family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff, Michelle! ---teri

BethieJ said...

Very cute!!!!
I WISH we could bake goodies too.. boo hiss is right! I remember my mom doing that for us.. and so looked forward to it for my kids to be told NOOOO cant do that anymore! ANYWAY.. lots of fun ideas like these we still can do right! :)

Julia Aston said...

What a simple and great idea! the PTI papers look super wrapped around the candy! and the tags just top it all off!

patriciad said...

Well I guess someone showed those party poopers a thing or two. Take that! Who do they they they are anyway? Just goes to show where there's a will there's a way!! And changing up the papers for all different holidays is a snap. Great idea as always. What would your groupies do without you?? ;-)

denise said...

I didn't realize there are schools that still allowed homemade treats. I remember as far back as kindergarten being told we weren't allowed to bring homemade treats to share... and that was in 1979! Birthday treats had to be store bought. Even bringing treats to my DD's daycare today... I have to provide store bought stuff. I guess it doesn't bother me because it's been that way all my life, so I don't know that I'm missing! I do love to prepare homemade treats... but instead I do it for my coworkers. :) I do love your halloween projects. I am getting excited for halloween treats this year!

rachelmaydesigns said...

Great way to take lemons and make lemonade! (or boring candies into a fun treat!)

Love this idea, thanks for sharing!
Rachel May

Related Posts with Thumbnails