September 29, 2008

Look Who's 10!

My little Jordan turns 10 on Wednesday!! Oh, how the years have flown by. She's getting all grown up now and when you're 10 it's all about the BLING! Usually I'm scurrying to make the girls a special birthday card but this year I'm on the ball and two days early! One of Jordan's birthday gifts is an outfit complete with a funky striped dress, headband, bracelets and this necklace, above. Jordan loves to accessorize and coordinate her outfits, so I thought a blinged out card would be fitting this year. I used lots of textures like the puffy SU! ribbon, the pearls, the textured Pinking Circles Nestabilities Dies from Spellbinder's, and the fun patterned paper from Crate Paper.
My card was easy to personalize for the big *10th* birthday (double digits are good when you're that young!). I reached for my JustRite Stampers Sonnet Self Inking set and my small rectangle and small circle wooden stampers. I chose to use the wooden stampers so that I could spell out my words in a longer format, and also use an ink pad in a color other than my black ink that comes with the self inking stamper. On the rectangle stamper, I spelled out *Look Who's*, and on the circle stamper, I used the fun polka dot border that comes with this Sonnet set along with the number *10* in the center. You can see my wooden stampers below, with the letters/numbers/border all arranged. And as I've mentioned before, if you lightly sand your images and then clean as usual you'll a get good, even coverage of ink. Many of you have asked the question, *What JustRite products do you suggest I start with as a beginner?* Okay, I have some suggestions, but of course you should base your first purchases on what your stamping needs are. My suggestions are just guidelines to help you get started.

For me, I will most likely use JustRite Stampers products in three ways:


1. Mass production projects such as monograms/wedding/anniversary/baby shower invitations, Christmas cards, etc. For these types of projects I suggest the self-inking stampers, and possibly some separate un-inked pads so that you can customize your ink colors. These products make quick work of repeated stamping. You can check out all of the Self-Inking Stampers HERE. Click on each link to see what borders, center and fonts come with each set. I also suggest the Small Alphabet so that you can make the tiny, customized border around the center stamped image.

2. General greeting card and gift giving projects such as birthday, baby, get well, etc. For these types of projects, I may use the stamped image only once or twice. I will probably also want to match my ink colors to the colors of cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon, etc that I use. In this case, I will use a variety of Wooden Stampers, Border and Centers sets, Fonts and Borders and Alphabets and Numbers sets.

If you want to start with some decorative borders and a font alphabet, check out the link HERE for the Fonts and Borders section of the store to see the variety of fonts and borders. Each set comes with a small wooden circle stamper too.

If you want to customize your projects with certain themes such as Baking, Christmas, Baby or Birthday, then check out the link HERE for the Borders and Centers section of the store.


If you purchase a starter set but then want to change out the fonts or add add numbers, check out the Font section of the store HERE. This is where you'll find the individual alphabets, number set and the small alphabet (the one that can go around as a border).

3. Spelling out longer words and phrases for a complete customized project. In this case, I'll reach for the wooden stampers, especially the longer rectangle wooden stampers, and an alphabet/number set. You can view all the Classic Wooden Stampers HERE.


My best suggestion to get you started is to click on all of the links above. Then click on each, individual product link. This will show you more photos of the what the stamped images look like. You'll also see a complete listing of what all comes with a set, such as which fonts and in what sizes, what wooden blocks, what borders, etc. Have fun selecting your first JustRite products and let me know if you have anymore questions.

12 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Happy Birthday to her! That card is darling girl!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Mish, this card is beautiful and thanks for the Just Rite Tute! I need some direction for my first purchase too.

Corinne said...

I think all ur projects r beautiful. You r so creative.

TY 4 Just Rite info. I, sadly, am an impulse buyer & recently bought a bunch of Just Rite items. After my purchase I read that it is a good idea to buy xtra sets of font so you have enuff letters to spell out words, phrases, etc. Doesn't one set come with enuff letters?

Lee said...

Oh a big and special Happy Birthday to Jordan!!!! I started with the JustRite Monogram kit and I think I need to add that rectangle wooden block!! I love that!!

DeeDee said...

YAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jordan!!! This card is beauty-full!!! I love pink and green and of course....BLING!!! She's gonna love it too!! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely sweet, adorable birthday card! Love my JustRite stampers :) Waiting for the new ones to be available.

Jessica Christensen said...

Love the card, LOVE the paper. Usually you say what stuff you use. Where did the paper come from? I'm pretty sure I need me some of that! Love -- LOVE -- your blog! Thanks for all the great info you always give.

Julie said...

I just followed you over from SCS and I LOVE your work! So talented! I just placed my first JustRite order a couple of days ago -- though I do wish I had seen your ideas before I did!

Cindy Lyles said...

Mish I love this - Happy Birthday to the big girl - double digits!!!! Love the colors and all the bling!!!

Chrisd said...

Such a pretty card. I bet she will love all the frills and baubles. Happy Birthday to her and congrats to Mom also!

Alicia Weiman said...

Your card is adorable. I saw it and was saying to myself before I read your blog that I wish I knew what to buy first. I have the Monogram stamp set, but I would love to get some other things and then I scroll down and there was my answer. Thanks. I went to the site and am going to ask for a few of these for my birthday that is next week! Everyone asks what I want so this will be perfect. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations. I really enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your Jordan and my Anna have the same birthday! I hope Jordan has a great celebration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails