September 30, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll

Hi everyone, it's officially Fall and I love this time of year. It seems to not last long though around here. Our summer has extended itself all of a sudden and next thing you know it will be freezing! Such is the life of a Kansan though!


I have some Fall cards to share with you today. My first are made from Karen Lockhart's Itty Bitty Scarecrow. I just *love* scarecrows. They have such happy faces. It's been ages since I've seen a real scarecrow though, maybe I need to revive that tradition in our garden. Plus I love the Wizard of Oz so I think it would be fitting to have a scarecrow in Kansas, don't ya think?
Images were colored with Copic markers. The Sketch tips really work great getting into those tiny detailed areas of Karen's stamps. I cut and embossed the image and also layered them onto square Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies. That extra detail adds just the right amount of texture to make the images pop off the page. I tied my images up with Papertrey Satin Chocolate Ribbon and then adhered them to my card fronts. Patterned paper is by Cosmo Cricket, they have some of my most favorite collections of papers.
And here's some Halloween cards I made using the Crafty Secrets Journaling and Images Booklets. They make for easy peasy cards for sure! I added all kinds of little tags and labels from Making Memories, and some sticker sequins too. Background papers on both cards are from Webster's Pages. I love that these Fall looking papers lend more of a Fall theme rather than being bright and bold Halloween colors.

Hope you all have a stellar day! It's nice and *crisp* here this morning, I can see that my flip flop attire will be coming to an end soon.

12 comments:

Dottie K. said...

These are just adorable. I just pulled that same paper out for fall cards. Just love it! :)

Lori Craig said...

Adorable cards, Mish! Love the scarecrows and the Crafty Secrets. :)

DeeDee said...

Oh these are very cute Mish!! I really like that scarecrow stamp....he's just so darned cute!!!

Patty Williams said...

Wow...they are all adorable! Love them!

I love scarecrows too ! And, we've had the Wizard of Oz movie out and watching it..always a fave of mine!

More than crisp here in Ohio today... I had to switch from flip flops to tennis shoes this morning when I walked DS to the bus! Boo Hoo (still had on shorts though!)It was raining, so needed some protection!

Anonymous said...

Mish,
I check your blog everyday and you always put a smile on my face. These cards are great! Love the way you used those Crafty Secret prints. (love the cat with the pumpkins). Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

oops, my eyes aren't that great... just realized that's an owl not a cat... lol.

Cris A said...

These are fantastic! I love the vintage looking images!

Tami McBeain said...

Love your fall and halloween cards, I just love all things fall!

Lisa Kind said...

You have such an uncanny way of mixing patterns that it really boggles my mind! These (and all your cards) are so beautiful and always so pleasing to the eye! Love your work!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

These are all just darling!!! I LOVE your papers and the chocolate ribbon you are using is wonderful!!!

Barbara DeBose said...

These fall cards are beautiful! I have tagged you as one of my favorite blogs. Please visit my blog to keep it going.

www.createdbybd.blogspot.com

Becca said...

just adorable. I love the images and your creations with them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails