September 26, 2008

Bandito Chili Dogs

Edited to add: The script font I use for my recipe cards is CK Becky, a Creating Keepsakes font by Becky Higgins. You can to the CK website and download it for free. And you can find cheddar cheese soup in the soup aisle. The brand I use is Campbell's.

Ready for a new recipe today? Every Fall I make these Bandito Chili Dogs. I think I got the recipe from a Taste of Home publication several years ago. They're perfect for get togethers or game days and the fellas love them! I couldn't resist making a recipe card (4" x 6") using Karen Lockhart's Itty Bitty Hot Dog stamp. Who knew a hot dog stamp would come in so handy!? I colored the hot dog image with Copic Sketch markers, using the *splotch* method....simply tap the tips of the markers onto the stamped image randomly. I splotched some chili off the side of the hot dog and then added a few little black dots with a fine tip Copic black multiliner pen for some texture. I used a grey marker to make a shadow line underneath the hot dog. For the patterned paper, I chose a bandanna print from a scrap from my stash of papers. I pinked the edges and added a strip of black card stock to give the circle a bold element to rest on. I then distressed the edges of the white cream card stock with Ranger Distress ink and an Ink Blending Tool. Easy peasy!
Here's a photo of the Bandito Chili Dogs below. And let me answer some questions that may be running through your head.....YES, I know these are not healthy, and YES I know how much fat and calories these contain(most of the time we use Light Hotdogs if that matters :). But they're SOOOO good and easy to make!

Here's the recipe for you. You can copy and paste into a word document right from here:
Bandito Chili Dogs

1 (25 oz)can chili
1(10-3/4 oz)can Cheddar Cheese soup
1 package hot dogs(8)
1 package hot dog buns(8)
Fritos corn chips
mustard, if desired

Combine chili and soup in pan or crock pot. Heat through and serve over hot dogs. Crumble on a handful of Fritos chips. Squirt with mustard if you like. Great for game days or Fall get togethers. Double the recipe for more servings. Yeehaw!
I hope you all have a great weekend! I'm off to wrap Jordan's birthday gifts, prepare treat sacks and plan some games. Gotta make a run to town to purchase a gift for birthday party Josey is going to..might stop by the quilt shop also just for fun. Have a great weekend everyone!!

12 comments:

DeeDee said...

Oh YUMMY Mish!!!!Oh well if they aren't healthy they sure do look delish!!! My boys would LOVE this for supper one night....THANKS....and guess what....I even have the hotdog stamp....so yep, I'm gonna try this card.....HUGS!!!!

Amy said...

These sound really yummy and as for healthy--you gotta live every once in awhile! Recipe card is very cute, I love the red bandana paper.

Jenn said...

You know, I think that you are the ONLY one who could make heartburn that appealing! ;)

Melissa said...

Hello cutie----sounds like dinner to me :)---thanks for the fun idea and darling creation.
Melis

Anonymous said...

what brand is the cheddar cheese soup? i never knew that there was such a soup:0

Anonymous said...

Love the recipe card. Is all the text computer generated? If so what font do you use for the script?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's mean :D Now I'm totally yearning for some of those *drool* Btw, is this your handwriting? It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is darling! Love the chili dog image you made...cool...and the bandana paper. I love pizza but only have it once in a while...so these are great once in a while too. LOL! So did you get anything at the quilt shop? Thanks!

CreativeMish said...

These look so good! I can't remember the last time I had a chili dog. I love your recipe card!

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff! I was wondering what the font is on the recipe. I hate my handwriting so I'm always on the hunt for cute fonts. Thanks!

cyndi said...

OMGoodness that looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Anonymous said...

I love this card and the recipe. I can't find the script on the website. I wonder if it is no longer available?

Related Posts with Thumbnails