September 17, 2008

Pears and Honey

Edit: The flecked look of ink over the pear image was done with a marker and SU!'s spritzer tool (I can't think of the technical name of the tool) . You could also use the Copic Airbrush System with a marker to achieve the same affect. Just one little spray is all you need.

Jordan asked me all summer...."Mom, have you ever had pears with honey?" I kept telling her no, I'm not a real pear fan. She said they were awesome and that Grandma Anne fixed them that way for her, straight off her pear tree. Then finally when the pears were ripe this summer, I got Jordan some Bartlett pears. We cut them up and drizzled on some honey. Oh were my taste buds happy! This is such an awesome snack, almost pretty enough to be a fancy dessert. I had to make a recipe card for Pears and Honey, not because I needed the recipe really, but because I wanted to remember Jordan's little story. I used Karen Lockhart's Pears stamp and colored all the pears with Copic Sketch markers, using a stipple type brush stroke. I just dotted the colors on instead of coloring neatly. This is what gives the pears that splotchy, sun kiss look...zoom in to get a better look. Patterned papers are from Wild Asparagus, just punched circles cut in half. Ribbon is Spring Moss from Papertrey Ink.
If you haven't tried pears with honey, add it to your list this week. Yummo!!!

6 comments:

Debbi T said...

Mishy, one would have to be able to EAT pears (without gagging) to try this recipe.....but it sure looks delish!! I'll pass it on to my parents, who LOOOOOVE their pears!

The recipe card looks phenomenal!

Elizabeth Bracco said...

What a great way to save her story. That will be so neat to come across that memory when she is older. :) I noticed on your stamped image a 'flecked' look on/over the image. Did you do that? Can you explain how you did it? Thanks. :)

DeeDee said...

Mmmmm, sounds YUMMY!!! What a sweet story and a neat way to remember it....gorgeous card Mish!!! HUGS!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Yummy looking photo.. darling story and great recipe card!

Lynn Put said...

This does sound yummy! Pears are one of my favorites so I'll have to give this a try!
Your recipe card is so pretty and your coloring is perfection!

Shelly said...

Adding to my list, sounds yummy. The recipe is fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails