September 5, 2008

Lockhart Rooster

TGIF everyone! Just wanted to let all the volleyball fans out there know that Josey did an awesome job last night!! She started on JV and played almost the entire time. When she did sit out, she subbed in a lot to serve....KILLER serve with lots of aces! Josey's best friend's mom and I were just snapping photos and were beside ourselves. We played volleyball together in high school so it brought back lots of memories. Good times, good memories.

Okay on to today's cards. Have you noticed the popularity of the fancy roosters in home decor? I've seen them everywhere. Karen Lockhart has now added a fancy rooster to her collection too. I colored my rooster with Copic markers in shades of deep reds and greens. Karen has added a lot of detail to the feathers so there's lots of possibilities when it comes to colors. I also paper pieced the wing to give the card some additional dimension. I cut out my colored image with the new Spellbinder's Label 1 die template and then airbrushed it with a light tan Copic marker. The scallops of this label die really added to the elegant look I was hoping to achieve with this card.

I was particularly pleased with the finial leaf type stamp above the rooster. It's from Papertrey's First Fruits set and it works perfectly! I had to stretch out the ends of the stamp a little bit when placing it on my acrylic block but that is super easy to do because the clear stamps are flexible. It aligned perfectly above my label die, I'll definitely be doing this again.
I stamped *thankful* from the First Fruits set below the rooster accent and then added three decorative pearls to my finished card. For the patterned paper, I used Webster Papers which added to the rich feel of the card. Be sure to check out Cindy's store called Star Lit Studio. She has a brand new website full of fun stuff! I'm just so pleased with this layout. I think that it would make a beautiful invitation for a fall gathering, perhaps printing the invitation information on the label part...so elegant.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I know that we enjoy those two days off so much.....sleeping in, no pressure of getting homework done, no where to go...ahhhh. Tonight though we're heading to our first high school football game. There's a tailgate party to start off the season, which means supper is already planned...hotdogs and chips, woohoo!! I hear that all of our Senior boys on the team got mohawks, that should be a sight to see!!

21 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

A feast for the eyes; I'm in love and will be keeping this layout in mind!

So fun to hear about your DD playing vball; my oldest is playing JV this year as well..we moms are just so proud!

Shelly said...

Love this. The way the flourish type stamp frames in the main image panels is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm a volleyball player too! Middle Hitter - OH YEAH! I'll be rooting for her! I hope you both have a fun season.

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! I have roosters and chickens all over my kitchen. And the colors are perfect!! Love it!

Michelle Tech said...

OMG, this is gorgeous!!! Makes me wish I still had my flock of chickens for the wonderful eggs. I had a mixed flock that I picked specifically for the beauty of the chickens and the colored eggs. This is a nice substitute!

Pauline said...

Great stamp and you've made a great card out of it. Love the colours you've chosen. very well done.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Roosters! And I love YOUR card.

I'm so glad I visit your blog.

Tiya-B said...

This rooster card truely is elegant, and i love it too.

Jeanne said...

Love the rooster and love the new Nestability shape! Really makes adds a terrific dimension! Really like the airbrushed look, too.

Jennifer Holmes said...

I love the look of this card! Who knew roosters could be so elegant!?! And I can't wait to get my hands on that label die! Gotta have it...

Julia said...

Congratulations on the great job Josey did for her team! I use to play for my high school team too! Wasn't it awesome?! It brings back such good memories! You must be so proud that she's doing the same thing.
Your card is beautiful! Lucky for me I just bought the set from Papertrey Ink this past week! I can't wait for them to arrive. Thank you so much for all your inspiration! I don't comment every time but I pretty much check out your website every day to get some inspiration. You're awesome! Julia

Anonymous said...

Girl, you just have the eye and the knack. This design is awesome! Love how the flourish fits the nestie frame. Cool!

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love this rooster! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

MichelleY said...

WAY TO GO, JOSEY!!! Mish, I bet it is a BLAST watching her play, especially since you and her best bud's mom played V-ball together in HS. How COOL!

As for this GORGEOUS card....I LOVE IT! The rooster is wonderful but I LOVE what you did with the First Fruits stamp. SHEER BRILLIANCE!

Anonymous said...

I love your website and all of the great ideas!!! Can you tell me where you got that adorable tiered wire basket that you use?
Thanks!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh how I loved it when my daughter played VB, you brought back memories. Laurie

i'm with the band said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I never would have put these papers and colors together -- my loss -- this is GORGEOUS! So interesting and fresh! Great job.

Shirley said...

Now that's just gorgeous. I like the main image and all of the embellishment work you did. Love the colors too!

retiredheather said...

Who would have ever thought a rooster could look this great. Wonderful card.
Heather

Related Posts with Thumbnails