September 22, 2008

S'More Invitations

Jordan's birthday is coming up so it was time to make the invitations. She loves to have her party out in the timber behind our house. At a glance from our back deck, you see nothing but trees. But once you cross a bridge and enter the timber, it's a wonder land for kids! We've cleared out a big area for the kids and have added a tree house, a tire swing, forts for paintball, a fire pit and a hammock. It's great fun! For Jordan's birthday, we always do a nature scavenger hunt, chop wood (the boys LOVE that!) and have a weenie roast complete with S'mores. Jordy likes to invite both her girl and boy friends, so we tend to keep the invitations neutral in theme.

I started the invitations out with a S'more stamp from SU!, the JustRite Stampers Brayton alphabet font and the small alphabet set. For the focal point of the invites, I used a round wooden stamper and the Small Alphabet from JustRite Stampers to spell out *time for s'more fun*. I was able to customize my stamper exactly the way I wanted to and it matches the s'mores perfectly! For the s'mores I used some Liquid Applique and burned it with my heat tool. The circles were cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's circle die template. The s'mores were colored with Copic markers. They look real, Jordy loved that part!!
Then for the pocket insert of the invitations, I used the Brayton font with a wooden rectangle stamper from JustRite. I spelled out *you're invited* and stamped that on the top portion of the insert. I created a pocket card invitation using brown card stock and Cosmo Cricket's Happy Camper patterned paper. Stitched ribbon is from Papertrey Ink.
I typed the rest of the invitation on the computer.
I like to include the activities that we'll be doing at the party so that the kids will know to wear old clothes. Nothing fancy here, just a good ol' time....getting dirty....getting back to nature.
Here's the little pile of the invites. I can't wait for Jordan's party!!!

42 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Love these. Wow, the party sounds like it's going to be great! Can I come??

Karen said...

Great invitation. The s'more's did turn out looking real. I am sure the party will be a huge success.

tamari* said...

love ur work!

Pauline said...

These are great. I'm still trying to figure out how many hours are in your day :o)

champagne T said...

soooooo sweet the invitations, i never got any one like that

Michelle Tech said...

Sounds like fun! Love the invites!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Very cute! Hope the party is a huge success!

Anonymous said...

Love the invitations and everything else you do!! The place in the trees sounds wonderful..how 'bout some pics of it? I get so many ideas from you--from cupcake kits for my grands to loaf pan storage to snack cracker mix for teacher gifts!

Jessica Christensen said...

I just love your blog! You inspire me so greatly. Everything you do turns out beautifully! I just recently started a blog myself, and since you've been mentioning an interest in quilting, I thought you might be interested in it. There's not much there yet, but keep checking back! www.thebossyquilter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

As usual, awesome work Mish! These invitations are great!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea, cute invites!! I've always loved s'mores so that would be the best invite:)

DeeDee said...

Oh Mish!!! How FUN...can I be invited to Jordan's party too...LOL...it's sounds like so much FUN!!!! They are gonna have a blast at this shin-dig!!! Your S'mores look so realistic too...I love the whole idea and really love the invites!!! Way to go MOM!!! HUGS!!!

Rachelle said...

I love how you burnt the appliqe...perfect.

Stacey said...

These are AWESOME!! You are SUCH an inspiration!! Your work is beautiful and you NEVER seize to amaze me with your ingenious ideas!!! Your backyard sounds AMAZING!!!! What FUN!! I KNOW the kids will all have a GREAT time--HECK! I want to come!!!
Thanks for sharing EVERYTHING!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic invitations! So clever! I love this time of year and the rustling of the leaves and the smell of the campfire. Thanks for sharing your clever idea!

Anonymous said...

The came out great!! I love the DP!!

Sandy said...

Adorable invitations, Michelle!! Love the slightly burned smores. Sounds like the kids are going to have a great time.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those are ADORABLE! I really love your white board project and would LOVE to photo link to it in my Daily DIY. I'm so sorry to be asking you permission in your comments but I can't seem to find your email address. If you wouldn't mind, let me know, I'd love to mention you!

Anonymous said...

umm...is it a good sign that i want to eat the s'more on the invitation?? they look fabulous! adorable invite, good job mom! happy birthday and have fun jordan!!
chelle

Anonymous said...

those invites are absolutely out-of-this-world cute!!! great job!!!!

Tami McBeain said...

These invites are over the top fantastic! The party sounds like a kids dream come true!

Debbi said...

These are ADORABLE! (I think Robin would love one, too!!)

Chrisd said...

So very cute. You have the best ideas! Hope the party has a sunny day!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a clever use of this set for sleep over invitations.

Anonymous said...

Mish, these invitations are fantastic! I feel hungry! I'm sure Jordan will have a great party.

Anonymous said...

those invitations look so yummy!

Susan

Mia said...

What a great idea and such a cute invitation!!!! Love, love, love your work!

n8tvtexan said...

LOVE the smores! Cute cards!

You've been tagged. Check out my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

I just LOVE your work! It's really amazing. I'm from Brazil, and here we don't have these cards ans scrapbook, so for me it's all so beautiful.
I read on your profile that you are also a teatcher. My e-mail is Mariah@shusa.com.br
I would like to talk to you if it's possible.

Mariah :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Cute invites! I want to come to the party :) It sounds like the kids are really going to enjoy themselves.
I really enjoy your blog - you suprise me everytime I visit, I just LOVE your style! Thank you!!!
xo, margie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place for your kids to play. I bet they do just love it. And the party sounds wonderful!

Sandra Smart said...

Those invitations are so cute! I love that little smore!

Danisha said...

These are so cute!! I was just wondering with the Just Right font. When you buy the font does the does the block come with it or do you need to buy that seperately??

I think I am going to have to get that font!! Your cards are great. I cased one of yours and I am going to put it on my website later today. Hope you come by and see my take!

Danisha

Eveline said...

Had to look up s'more because I didn't know what you meant with them and we don't have them here in The Netherlands. They sound very good.
I like the whole set you made. I hope you all have a brilliant time.
Eveline.

CreativeMish said...

Great invites. I love the smore texture! It sounds like my kind of party!!

Holly Young said...

Sounds like a great time! When do I get my invitation? LOL! I'll bet everyone loves your parties. The invitations are so cute. Love the melted marshmallow!

Anonymous said...

Just the cutest thing! I want a S'more now!!!

veronica said...

love that patterned paper.

Anonymous said...

These are sooo cute!!! Love your work!

wendyp said...

How stinkin cute!!!! Love how you created the smores!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

That party sounds awesomly cool!!! :-D And the invites are great!♥

Nikki said...

These are awesome!!! I love that smores stamp!

Related Posts with Thumbnails