September 27, 2008

Birthday box in a hurry

Yesterday I had to make a run to town to get a birthday gift for Josey's friend. I thought she was going to her party today but then we found out that Megan wanted Josey to come over last night instead. I had to wrap Megan's gift lickety split so that Josey could go with her friend. They were meeting up at the high school football game and Eric was waiting in the car for Josey! JustRite Stampers to the rescue!! I stuffed all of Megan's goodies into the makeup case along with some iridescent scrunchy filler. Then I added some pink tulle to the handles. Now onto the box topper and matching card. I grabbed my 10 Designers Borders and Centers stamps and went to work. I used my 1-5/8" Classic Wood Round Circle Stamper to stamp the birthday sentiment on white card stock. I then punched that out and layered it onto a punched pink circle. I added sequins around the sentiment and pop dots to the back of the layered circles. I then stamped the flower border on another piece of white scrap card stock. I used my Circle Nestabilities Dies to cut and emboss the circle. If you use two little snippets of Scotch tape to keep the die in place over the stamped image, you'll be sure to get a perfectly centered border image. I then cut and embossed a larger Nestabilities Scallop Circle. I used a white gel pen to add dots to the embossed scallops. I adhered all the circles together and used a pop dot to stick it to the top of the box. Megan can leave the embellishment on the box or take it off if she wishes.
I used the same JustRite sentiment stamp to make a quick birthday card, using circle punches for layering. Josey had to fill the card out in the car on the way to the football game! I stuffed the makeup case into a gift sack with matching tissue and Josey was on her way!!

Soooo, as all busy mom's do, we improvise! I couldn't let Megan's gift go unembellished. I love that as stampers, we can reach for our supplies and make quick projects. My girls have come to love all the attention that I put into their friends' and teachers little gifts. So keep on keep on stamping. Your family will always remember those special little touches.....JustRite touches in this instance!

Edited to add: If you find that your ink is pooling on your stamp and you're not getting a good impression, I have a tip for you. Take a fine grit emery board or sanding block and sand over the rubber image. Then clean your stamp as you usually would. You can do this will all rubber images and you'll be amazed at the great ink impression you'll get.

7 comments:

CreativeMish said...

What a great quick project! I love it. I always use an eraser to rub across my clear stamps to condition them. Then clean and never have the problem of the ink pooling.

Tara said...

I am addicted to your blog Michelle and am in awe of how you find the time to do it all! You inspire me daily, Thank You!!!

Sew This N That said...

Great improvisation, Michelle :0)
Woohoo for justrite lol.

Your recipe for chilli dogs is going down well here, my family have had them for evening meal tonight, I know naughty....but so nice!
**Hugs** Heather x

DeeDee said...

WOW Mish!!! You are the BESTEST Mama evah!!! What a pretty gift for a little girl...I would have never known it was a rush job if you hadn't of said so!!! HUGS!!!!

SML said...

I love your blog and all of the things you make are so wonderful!!

Gail S. said...

Really cute! I bet she loved it!!

Heidi Boos said...

I found your blog through Tip Junkie. Everything you create is so cute! I LOVE this gift idea and the beautiful tags. Wow! I'll for sure be back to check out more of your beautiful creations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails