September 18, 2008

Garden of Life Birthday Cards

Sometimes it's just fun to grab a bunch of supplies and see what you come up with. That was the case with these two cards. I had a bunch of leftover supplies sitting out so I decided to just have some fun. I used Alli's Garden of Life stamp set from Papertrey. The swirly stamp and the solid image make the most fun flower, one of my all time faves. For both cards, I used PTI's Stamper's Select White Cardstock for the base card. Ink colors were PTI Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist and SU!'s Old Olive. The strip of patterned paper along the bottom of the cards is PTI Chocolate Remix and the polka dot green paper is from October Afternoon.

The embellishments were the most fun! I usd snippets of my ribbon finds from Archiver's along with some stitched buttons that I turned into flower buds. I used Papertrey's Leaf Ribbon to make cute little leaves for the flowers. So cute, I love that ribbon and want to use it on everything!!
I you all have a fabulous weekend! We're enjoying the beautiful weather here in Kansas and I hope Mother Nature calms down a bit for those in all the stormy weather! We're headed to the high school football game tonight then Jordan and I are leaving at 6:30 AM tomorrow with my mom. We're meeting my sister at the big arts and crafts show this weekend. We look forward to it every year! Josey's hanging out with dad as she doesn't care for this kind of entertainment!

Here's some answers to a few questions I had a while back:

All of the fun ribbon that I've been using lately that is not from Papertrey is probably from Archiver's. I purchase it by the yard and many of the brands are May Arts, Maya Road and Making Memories.

The three tierd basket that I use for my centerpiece decorations is from a shop in Atchison, Kansas called Nell Hills. It's so awesome!!

The new little shop I found that is fun to visit is called the The Nesting Place and it's located at the Lebo, Kansas junction of I-35 and the Lebo exit. Such a cute little place to visit. Each season, the interior is painted a new color and they totally make over the shop. I could visit it every day!

Yes, you can use your Cuttlebug with the Nestabilities. Nichole has a wonderful tip sheet of all the *sandwich* combinations that will work with your machine. Just link to the Nestabilities section at the Papertrey website and the information is right there.

Yes, I do sleep. I get all my work done while the girls are at school on the days I don't sub. I work pretty fast and try to get it all done so I can be at the girls' activities at night, pick them up from practices and fix supper for my family. It's all great fun and I enjoy every minute of it!!

8 comments:

Dottie K. said...

These cards are just adorable. Love the colors and buttons. Have fun at the game tonight. Enjoy your craft show with your family tomorrow. :)

DeeDee said...

Oh I'm jealous...I wish I could go to the craft show with you!!! I love these cards Mish....the ribbons you used are all so YUMMY!!! Cute, cute, cute!!! HUGS!!

Mel said...

Mish--thanks for the tip on the store--I'll have to stop by there on my way to CKC-KC! Such great ideas---you really are inspiring.

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful cards Michelle :) love the stamps, gorgeous!!

Meg said...

I have throughly enjoyed your blog tonight... I have been working my way one by one thru your links... some I have bookmarked and some I let pass by.

Then I took my time and read your current blog posts... We must be neighbors... I live in NW MO... Atchison is maybe 1.25 hours from me... I have lived in MO for almost 10 years and haven't crossed the river to visit the most haunted town in the US...

Thanks for all the posts and ideas... Your cards and projects are just so adorable...

Meg in MO

Shelly said...

I love the colors and the embellishments and the images, both are fabulous!

Kari said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Love the colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, these are wonderful! I love them...so pretty. I enjoy your ability to work so fast! I get my motif ready and then get stuck. So appreciate your inspiration...it really gets me going. Thanks again!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails