September 10, 2008

Airbrushed Poppies

Thank you everyone for your nice comments about me joining the Senior Design Team for Papertrey Ink. I am SO excited for this opportunity! I would also like to wish Amy R the best with her new adventure of designing stamps for CC Designs. Two new members will also be joining the Papertrey Release Team, Melissa Phillips and Betsy Veldman. Woohoo!! You can read all about it on Nichole's blog.

Today I have a pretty card to show you that is made with Lisa Johnson's Remember stamp set from Papertrey Ink. In this first photo I have masked three colored poppies, leaving the swirly designs unmasked. The beautiful red is Pure Poppy ink from Papertrey, a beautiful deep red color. Next, I used my Copic Airbrush System to airbrush blue and purple tones over my poppies, keeping the darkest tones right next to the outline of the poppy flowers.
Here's the magic, peel off the masks to reveal the beautiful blooming poppies!
Here they are in full color. Lisa did a fabulous job on this set, tons of details!
Here's more magic! I used my Copic Colorless Blender, which is really well inked, and made dots all over the airbrushed portions. If you want to make lighter dots, leave the tip of the Colorless Blender on the paper for just a bit longer.
And here's my finished card, be sure to zoom in to see the beautiful speckled effects. I finished my card off with white and Pure Poppy PTI cardstock, some PTI satin polka dot ribbon and a Spellbinder's Ribbon Tag Die with the sentiment *Thank You* stamped on from the Remember set.
Check out this view below, I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the poppy centers for a finishing touch. Hope you enjoy!!
Be sure to check out Nichole's blog today for a whimsical sneak peek of her new snowman set. There's also links to Pine's, Lauren's and Melissa's blogs for more fun projects!! The count down is on for the September 15th Papertrey Release!!

Also, be sure to check out the Stampin' Champion contest going on at JustRite Stampers. Vote for your favorite before Friday at 9am! There's some CUTE projects!!

26 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Incredibly beautiful!! Wow!!!

huntla1 said...

Hi Michelle! This is fabulous! I would have never thought to use the blue and purple, but it looks amazing! Love it! And, since I was gone for the weekend I was doing serious speed reading in the google reader, leaving very few comments. I wanted to congratulate you on your move up with the PTI DT! You deserve it. You do such a great job with creating different kinds of things and then sharing your ideas with all of us.

Karen said...

Gorgeous card. You make it look effortless which is a sign of a true artist. Thank you for sharing.

Shelly said...

You put me over the top, I need an airbrush system. Congrats on the DT too!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Gorgeous! I'm speechless! :)

Marja Sch said...

Gorgeous card thanks for your explanation. Hugs Marja

Gerb said...

I have been checking out your cards for some time - looking for ideas and enjoying your talents. However, your cards are SO out of my league and such beautiful little works of art that I probably couldn't reproduce them. And I don't think I would want to give them away if I could! I just had to come out of lurking to say your talent is amazing.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

so colorful! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on DT! Great card too!!!

Tami McBeain said...

What a beautiful result with the airbrushing! I also love the addition of the glossy accents, it really makes the flowers pop! A belated congrats on your promotion on the PTI design team, you're an amazing artist!

Mellis said...

Oh! That's beautifull!
An amaizing job!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Mishie!!! You are SO amazing. I feel like a proud mama who sent her child to Juilliard...YOU ARE stamping-markering-ribbon tyeing Juilliard BABY!

cyndi said...

that rocks! i just nominated your blog for an award. check it out

http://bootgypsy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Congrats on your promotion Mish! Your card is just beautiful - never would have tried all those colors together but it really works! :)

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT!!

Becca said...

Great poppies card. Fabulous

Lori Craig said...

gorgeous, mish... love the pop of the red and the purple.

Jenn in GA said...

this is stunning and breathtaking! when i saw the picture where you peeled back the mask, it took my breath away. i think this is the most beautiful card i have ever seen you make. wow...

i second the other reader's congrats on your promotion to senior design team member. this card alone demonstrates why you were chosen!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

AMAZING!!!! Thank you for inspiring!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and CONGRATS on the Design Team Leader! You SO deserve it and will do a great job!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful card, Mish, and congrats on the promotion!!

Crystal M. said...

Beautiful card Michelle! I just love that set... it's on my wishlist. I did get the Spellbinder's Ribbon Tag Trio on my last order and wondered if these work with the Cuttlebug? Of course, I wondered this after purchasing them. :0) What system do you use with yours?
Oh, and congratulations on your bump up to senior design team member!! You deserve it and you make a wonderful addition to the PTI team.
~Crystal M.

Chrisd said...

Beautiful card. The combination of colors is unique but under your control looks great.Best wishes with your recent promotion.Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Michele Kovack said...

This is really, really pretty! Love it!

Robin said...

Beautiful, Michelle. And congrats on joining the PTI DT - I love your style and know you'll do well.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Wow! Beautiful!
Huge congrats on the Sr. DT at PTI!!! Your work is gorgeous and inspiring-can't wait to see more!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails