September 4, 2008

Josey's #1 Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Today ROCKS!!!! Josey plays in her very first school sporting event as a 6th grader tonight. Volleyball season is here and I can't wait to see my girl serve that ball. We practiced for two straight weeks this summer on her overhand serve and she is awesome!! Her 8th grade friend, Brittney, told her that she's got one of the best serves on the team!! I couldn't have my Josey girl not know how to serve overhand...it's the competitive side of me coming out!!

Sooooooooo, being that I AM Josey's #1 fan, I had to have a special game day bag right? Remember when I went that little purse party a few weeks ago? This is my new bag. We'll pretend those zebra stripes are wildcat stripes okay? And our school colors are black and white so I think it's especially fun! I'll bring some snack, cash, lip gloss and my camera tonight, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
But wait, I couldn't just leave the bag unadorned now could I? Oh no. We must have adornment on our wildcat bag. So I went to work this moring and made a soldered piece to tie onto my bag.
I stitched together two vintage like ribbons and tied my soldered piece onto my bag handle. I used that vintage jewel button to secure it on extra good by adding some stitches through the entire knot of the bow.
And for the soldering, I used a wavy edged copper tape from Simply Swank, a pawprint stamp, SU! letters, more of that checkered ribbon and some Marth Stewart glitter.
For the back side, I used a simple black and white polka dot. My bag is actually cream colored so I distressed all the edges with Ranger Distress ink.
So there you have it! I'm off to get things done around here so we can head out for the 5:30 game. Goooooooo Cats!!
By the way, the battery in my Trailblazer is DEADER than a door nail. (What is a door nail anyway?) I called Eric with specific instructions to bring home a new battery or whatever is needed and to FIX IT pronto. If my new bag and I have to ride to the ballgame in Eric's lowriding, Nissan Flintstone Mobile I will not be a happy #1 Fan. I swear my butt drags the highway in that thing! :)

15 comments:

Sandy said...

This bag is adorable Michelle!! You are so supportive and such a wonderful "cheerleader" for your daughter. Love the soldered piece you added to your bag and I LOVE those 2 ribbons stitched together.

Anonymous said...

Adorable bag Mish! Great job! Go Josie!!

angie worthington said...

LOVE the bag!!!..my daughter plays volleyball, too!...she is an 8th grader...they have their 1st game on the 15th!...nothing like the spirit of a parent @ school games!....

Juanita B said...

You are the epitome of an AWESOME mom and artist!! The bag is "purselicious" and your adornments PERFECT! TFS.

Rachelle said...

Love your new purse and that soldered piece is spectacular. I love that you stitched 2 ribbons together- I must try that sometime.
Go wildcats! :)
(hope the Trailblazer is all fixed up)

CreativeMish said...

what an awesome bag and adornment!! Love it!

Lulu said...

From one VB fan to another - This is fantastic! Go Josey! Bump Set SPike!
Still playing competatively since the 7th grade - I'm 38 now - I love this sport.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!
Just curious where you got your bag, by girlfriend would just love one. I'm thinking of christmas presents already. Can you share where you bought it from?
Love your website!!

Anonymous said...

I want that bag tooo!! Can you get me one too? Or at least hook us up with an online address for your pocketbook lady.

I love the tag. It is adorable.
Have fun at your game.

Anonymous said...

I NEED to have that bag! Where can we get that bag?? Oh...and love the charm too. But I WANT that bag!!! lol

Suzanne J Dean said...

I am a blog stalker of yours--don't always get to leave comments but I love your work!

I lovvvveeee this zebra bag! I am obsessed w/ zebra stuff. Can you tell me who makes it or where I can find one? Thanks so much!

Suzanne Dean

cyndi said...

that is so awesome! i love it!!! you will be the coolest mom there!

Tracy said...

What an adorable bag. I want one. Does the party lady have a website?

Shirley said...

That bag is wonderful! Who would have thunk. You were so clever and creative with this and your daughter will probably want it too!

Anonymous said...

hi from josey and grandma woody

Related Posts with Thumbnails