August 11, 2009

Tags Two Ways

Edit: I previously had listed that the acorns were from Autumn Abundance....they are actually from the new Fall Elegance stamp set being released this month. So sorry for the confusion.

This month's group challenge for Papertrey Ink was to create one project using the new 2009 Halloween Tags stamp set. Then we were to create another version of the same project, using the new 2008 Autumn Tags set. Check Nichole's blog HERE for more details.

Halloween and Fall are two of my favorite occasions to make cards and gifts for, so this was a fun challenge. With the 2009 Halloween Tags set, I chose to make two treat bag tags for my girls.
Using Kraft cardstock for my tag bases, I added black background stars, rounded the tag corners at the top and inked the edges with Fresh Snow ink. I used the cute ghost tag for my main focal point. I paper pieced the ghosts, popping them up on pop dots....colored some of the image with an orange Copic marker....and cut and layered my images with Spellbinder's Circle and Pinking Circle die templates.
For the bottom of my tags, I created some custom made patterned paper by using images from the Background Basics: Retro stamp set. Tied Vintage Buttons and Black and White gingham ribbon finish off the tags. The to/from stamp is from the 2009 Halloween Tags collection.
My cute little tags are all ready to be attached to some Papertrey gift bags. I love these Frosted bags, the sheer look reminds me of ghosts!
And instead of using ribbon, I made some matching, covered clothespins with some leftover patterned paper and tied Vintage Buttons. The girls can use the clothespins to clip together papers, etc.
And in similar fashion, here is my tag using the 2009 Autumn Tags set. I used the same basic layout for my fall tag. The sentiment "Autumn Harvest" was used to create the background along with some little acorns from the new Fall Elegance set coming out this month. The pumpkin and orange images were stamped with Melon Berry, it takes on a nice fall color when stamped onto Kraft cardstock.
A pretty Ripe Avocado Satin ribbon and Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Jute Twine finish off the tag. Patterned paper strips were made from the Hocus Pocus 8" x 8" paper pad and a homemade strip using yet another image from the new Autumn Abundance set. The bottom background design is from Background Basics: Retro.
I've got some giant pumpkins growing in the vine garden and I think this tag will be perfect to tie onto one this fall.

I'm just as excited as you are to see what the rest of the Papertrey gang created! Check out their blogs here:

Nichole Heady
Becky Oehlers
Heather Nichols

Lauren Meader
Lisa Johnson
Dawn McVey

Debbie Olson
Geny Cassady
Betsy Veldman
Melissa Phillips

Niki Estes

41 comments:

Katerfly said...

Super cute. I love your creativity. Thanks for the inspiration!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Seriously, could these tags be any more adorable! Looks like I will be brown bagging lunch for this PTI release. LOVE IT!!!

Unknown said...

Cute little tags! Love the color combos and details. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

You ALWAYS make the cutest things, Mish!! I find these tags so charming I want to make them for the little kids that I don't even know down the street from us! lol

Heidi said...

Very cute tags! And the clothespins are great too!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I absolutely LOVE the colors you chose. So cute!

Isabel Z said...

I always love seeing what you have created b/c your style is so refreshing, unique, and I LOVE it. Your tags are absolutely adorable.

Melissa said...

So cute! I love both sets of tags! Are the little stars on the halloween tags part of the Halloween tag set?

patriciad said...

Really cute! Melon berry on kraft, who knew? YOU, of course!

Melissa said...

I absolutely love your Halloween tags. I have never tried stamping before, but have become so inspired by your project that I simply must give it a try!

Julia Aston said...

Fun, fun projects Mish - I love the stars bg stamping!

Tracye said...

such beautiful comments. I love your creativity. I read your blog everyday. Thanks for sharing.

Tracye (again) said...

I meant to say such beautiful tags. Sorry. It's hump day and I've got the weekend on my mind. LOL

Karen said...

Beautiful tags. I never would have thought to use melonberry on the pumpkin but it is perfect. I love fall colors.

Mackenzie said...

I love these. You are an amazing designer and I love checking your blog each day to see all the amazing things you do.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

They are going to make some Halloween treats extra yummy!

Wendi said...

These actually help me get excited for fall! So cute!!! Love the little details you always add. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie said...

Those are adorable! I am so ready for crisp, cool Autumn days. FYI - your links to the other blogs are a little wonky :-)

Happy Hodge Podge said...

I could just kiss those little ghosts!

supermom said...

Girl, you are so talented. I love looking at all your projects.

La Madricaine said...

Hello Mish, I looooooooove your tags ! They are so cute. I love also al your cards on your blog. Thank you to share with us your so lovely project !!!
I'm french (but I live in Cincinnati), so, sorry for my english who is no perfect.

muriel said...

So so great, I love your tags

Sally Watkins said...

Love these, the ribbons really are the finishing touch that really pops! Excited about these sets!

Niki Estes said...

Mish, you create the cutest tags!! I love both styles! Great colors and textures and I love the mix of patterns!

Cindy H. said...

These are just darling!! Love the little ghost :)

Stef Perry said...

Michelle, you are the BEST!!! I love everything you make - you are a great source of inspiration, not to mention eye-candy! The tags with the clothes pins got my mind rolling for all sorts of gift tags.....woo hoo!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mish, I abslutely LOVE your projects!!!! Love fall and these are adorable!

Unknown said...

Two tagsd too terrific. I know I have way too much time on my hands!
I LOVE the two tags you have done. I can't leave a comment at Just Rite blog. Something is wrong but I wanted you to know how much I like your tags.

Unknown said...

BTW, LittleGTO is Sharon L

amber said...

oh my goodness...i love the clothespin idea! so creative! and both of your tags are just precious! thanks for sharing!

Shari said...

Mish, these tags are GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful job!

dolcreations said...

Mish these are just adorable. You always make the cutest cards and your creativity inspires me so much!
Christine

CreativeMish said...

These tags are adorable! I love the clothespins decorated, too!

starsandcards55 said...

as always, your stuff is amazing! great detail. i especially like the decorated clothes pin and the stamping on the kraft cardstock. i get inspired from your work - and i want all these stamp sets. eek!

Deanna said...

Shut up! You win, these are freakin awesome!

Tonya said...

Mich, as always love your samples! Great color combos and design. Pleasure to visit your blog every day! ;-)

Rosanne said...

These a super cute!

Angela - Upon Request said...

Your tags are adorable. I'll have to check in on a regular basis to see what else you come up with!

Carolyn said...

I love these little tags. I also love the images. Can't wait for this release.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

connie said...

These are so cute! I love the clothes pin idea.

Anonymous said...

Great tags ...
Love the color comb...

___________________
Melvin
Apply now Nation wide cash

Related Posts with Thumbnails