August 31, 2009

In the Window Cards

Karen Lockhart has two new stamps called Pie in the Window and Cupcakes in the Window. They are beautifully illustrated and offer lots of details to color. Click on the link and scroll down to see the full images of the stamps. Today, I chose to die cut two large circles from the stamped images and just color a portion of the stamps. This allowed for a little elbow room when it came to design elements of the cards.
After coloring my images with Copic Sketch markers, I added some sentiments from my Vintage Picnic set from Papertrey. Circles were layered onto Aqua Mist scalloped circles cut from Spellbinder's Nestabilities die templates. Red and pink polka dot patterned paper, punched circles and tied buttons in red, pink and white finish off the card.

It's turning out to be another glorious day here in Kansas. Think I'll go out and weed some grass from the flower beds. How come that tall grass grows much better than my flowers??

7 comments:

Nancy in CA said...

Love the cards. I just purchased the cupcake stamp, but not sure how to color it in...so thanks for a beautiful sample. I think it's a wonderful day for a quick trip to Kansas...any classes available at your house? Thanks again for all that you do. Nancy

Linda said...

I have that stamp. Thanks for some new ideas on how to use it.

patriciad said...

Omg...these are the cutest ever! Those stamps are just adorable. How have I managed to not see them yet??

Juls said...

wow!! these are just too cute..love the images and the colour combo!

Linda Carson said...

Fabulous artwork!

Karen said...

Fabulous cards. I love the way you wrapped the sentiments in the circles. Great layout also.

Janelle said...

Beautiful cards! I also love the way you curved the sentiments. Really, really great cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails