August 8, 2009

Sittin' in my rocking chair...

Karen Lockhart has some new images that are really homey and comfy. I love her new Rocking Chair image with the cozy quilt and the basket of juicy looking apples. It's the perfect little image for some fall cards.

I paper pieced the quilt with some October Afternoon patterned paper and then colored the rest of the image with Copic Sketch markers. The image was stamped on Kraft cardstock and was die cut with a Spellbinder's Large Deckle Rectangle die template. This die gives the look of deckle edge scissors, remember when those were all the rage a few years ago?
For the sentiment, I used a fun one from Lisa Johnson's On the Couch from Papertrey Ink. Vintage Buttons and a scallop border adorn the bottom of the card. The Copic Sketch marker colors I used are shown below.
I don't know about you, but I'm definitely in a *sit in my rocker for a spell* kind of mood. The summer is winding down, the girls are all enrolled for school and I'm getting calls from school secretaries already asking for sub dates. Yep, school will be in session for the girls and me both very soon! We better enjoy this last week of summer vacation while we can!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

This card is too cute!!

Michelle

SueB said...

I LOVE your card and am a sucker for her entire "chair" line!

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

Just to cute!!!

dolcreations said...

This card is so cute. I love how you paper pieced the blanket on the rocking chair. I just bought this beautiful stamp and cannot wait to colour it up! Have a great weekend!
Christine

CreativeMish said...

wow! you did a great job on the card! i love the paper you chose for the quilt!

April said...

I love all your cards. What size do you usually make?

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the chair! too cute!

Carolyn said...

Mish, this is adorable. I love the paper piecing. Great job.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Vina said...

Adorable card! Yep, I remember those fancy edge scissors. I could never cut a straight line with it..I still have a bunch of them in my stash collecting dust. hehe.
Enjoy your weekend!

linda said...

Love it...as always.:)

Kaye said...

Hi Mish, love your blog, of course! I want to make your Picnic Corn Salad in the mason jars for my book club Monday night. Could you please tell me how many pint jars your recipe will fill? Thanks so much. I really appreciate it!

Cindy H. said...

I love this image with the warm colors you used. Beautiful card!!

Ann said...

LOVE the paper piecing, especially against the kraft bg!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, this is so sweet. Makes me want to sit outside on the porch :) It was so nice to meet you last week at CHA. Happy creating!
--Hugs Becca

Karen said...

I just purchased this stamp. Love it. Super fall card. Love the October Afternoon paper. Can't believe your girls are in their last week of summer vacation. I think our schools have 3 weeks left.

BethieJ said...

Oh I LOVE that card!! Super cute as always!!!

I wanted to let you know I LOVED your note book idea so much that I made up one last night, and so did my DD! :)

http://bethiejs.blogspot.com/2009/08/happy-saturday.html

I know your busy.. but I wanted to share! I cant WAIT to make more!! :) THANKS for the inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the colors of these cards! Very pretty! :) TFS

patriciad said...

Quite adorable, I must say.

Tiya-B said...

Great card, great piecing, love it and all your blog entries. thanks

Jolene said...

*coming out from lurk-dom*

Hey now!!! I STILL use my deckle edge scissors... what do you mean "used" to be all the rage? LOL!!!!!! I just haven't gotten all "fashion forward" yet and actually buttoned down and bought the Spellbinders dies yet.... soon though, soon...

I really enjoy all of your work Mish!!! You are such an inpspiration...

Related Posts with Thumbnails