August 30, 2009

Ghosty Cards

I looooooove Halloween.....love to send cards, love to make treats, love to decorate for it, love to go trick or treating with my kids still. It's just a fun time of year for our family!

So here's some fun ghosty themed cards I made using a set from My Cute Stamps called Ooga Booga. Zoom in up close to see all the details.
I had such a fun time designing all the elements for this trio of cards. The main images were stamped onto polka dot patterned paper (a new favorite technique of mine), then die cut with Spellbinder's Circle Nestabilities and Pinking Circle Nestabilities die templates. The ghost images were stamped and colored with Copic Sketch markers and then paper pieced for even more dimension on the circle accents.
For a background, I punched circles from polka dot Halloween themed paper from my stash, then centered them in some loopy circles stamped from PTI's Borders and Corners Circles stamp set. For the bottom accent strips, I stamped fun borders of bats, scallops and a pumpkin with a fence onto patterned paper. I colored them all up with Copics, added a snippet of Halloween striped ribbon and then stitched along the top of the strips. The Happy Halloween sentiment is from Pine's Boo to You stamp set from Papertrey.
Total Halloween cuteness! Have I said how much I love Halloween?

19 comments:

Heather P. said...

Ack! Total cuteness!! I'm not a huge Halloween person, but I SO love these! :)

Kimberly's Krafts said...

These are just great! I love Halloween and these just rock with cuteness!! I Love those stamps!! :)

Anthonette said...

You are totally rockin' the images from My Cute Stamps. Great cute cards, Mish!

Sharri said...

OMG! These are so cute!

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE THEM!!!

Elaine said...

You make everything cute, Mish! Love the layering and the colors!

Stephanie said...

I have had my eye on this set from My Cute Stamps and now it looks like I really need to get it. I am LOVIN' everything you have done with it so far! THANKS for the fab inspiration!

dolcreations said...

These are totally adorable. I'm not a huge Halloween person, but boy...I sure do love these cards. Very cute! Very creative as always!
Christine

Jenn said...

those are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok these are SUPER ADORABLE!!! I'm not that huge into the holiday either, but I can't deny the cuteness of these cards! LOVE them!

Marcie Sharp said...

So cute! And just the name Ooga Booga cracks me up! :)

csroyal said...

Totally love these cards!!

Dinahsoar said...

I'm a new stamper...already addicted. LOVE you blog!

Wendi said...

Oh, soooo cute! I love Halloween too. Love decorating, love trick or treating, love baking, love card making,love anything Halloween! I just happened to put my Halloween inspiration station together this morning! Yipppeee, it will be here soon. Thanks for sharing the cute cards.
Happy Day!

Kim at Polka Dot Thought said...

Soooo stinking cute!

Basement Stamper said...

Total cuteness!! Love the design of it!

yvette said...

You are so getting me in the Halloween mood. Love your creations

Victoria Hassink said...

Love these and I too Loooooove Halloween. My daughter is already working on her costume and has been for a while now!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

I love Halloween! These cards are just too cute for words!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails