April 19, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room...Guest Designer

Edit: I got my patterned paper at my local scrapbook store. I believe Two Peas sells it online.

Hi friends, it's a new week and I'm the Guest Designer at The Shabby Team Room. You can visit their blog to see some fabulous challenges and more projects from their Design Team.
This week's theme is "Sketch This"....the photo inspiration for the sketch is shown below:
For my project, I decided to play along with the sketch and the tea party theme of the inspiration photo. Using Papertrey's Tea for Two stamp set, I created a little gift ensemble suitable for a special friend.
Using a Pretty Paper Pouch from my Etsy shop, I tucked my stamped card inside along with some tissue from an old sewing pattern. I love to use the tissue as *stuffer*. On the outside of the Pretty Paper Pouch, I attached two tea bags.
You can see the patterned paper covered, mini clothespin I used. I also added a Vintage Button with Rustic Cream Twine to the clothespin.
Here's my finished card that matches The Shabby Team Room "Sketch This" inspiration photo. All of the patterned papers are from The Girls' Paperie. The base card is made from Rustic White Cardstock.
The adorable, chubby tea pot was stamped onto patterned paper and then carefully cut out with fine tip scissors. The "tea time" sentiment was cut from a single sentiment in the Tea For Two stamp set. I adhered the words onto some of my vintage dyed Tiny Tags from my Etsy shop. The big scallop on the left is a Scalloped Border Die from PTI. I used Copic markers in the lightest of pinks to give a little shading to my tea pot image. Just enough to give it a little fullness and rounded look. I finished off the card with some Wrinkle Ribbon from my Etsy shop.
The inside of the card uses another sentiment from Tea for Two and some scraps of patterned paper.
Hope you enjoy and thank you to Debbie for inviting me to play along in The Shabby Tea Room. :)

14 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is just precious Mish, I LOVE it!

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! Love all the tea elements you incorporated into your design!! Thanks for Guest DT'ing with us this week. I hope you can come back again to give our challenges a try and guest again soon :)

Hugs, Debbie

dolcreations said...

Oh how beautiful Mish! I love all the little details you add to your cards. Love the idea you did with the sewing paper! Always thinking of such awesome ideas! I just received my paper order that you told us about and I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! I always look forward to seeing what you've created.This is adorable! I love the teapot and all of the cute things that go with it.However I can't cut out things to save my life. I would love to see a matching teapot die form Papertry Ink! Can you put in a good word for this? Thanks!

Tami McBeain said...

Oooooo ahhhhhh, your card is lovely! After your last post with this paper I had to run out and get some, although I can't bring myself to cut into it, I am just admiring the beauty right now! I should have bought more, some to use and some to drool over!

Linda said...

Mish, where can I order the paper?
Thanks

Caryl P said...

So beautiful! I used to love having tea parties as a kid (iced tea of course), what a fun idea to have one as an adult too!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your Card! Beautiful with all those roses and posies on the paper and teapot! And I love your Wrinkled Ribbon!

Elaine said...

What a charming ensemble, Mish!! I love that pink seam binding - it's just right on the project! So pretty! Do you use Glimmer mist to color it the seam binding? I'm going to try to custom color my own - I saw my scrapbook store has a tutorial on it that I've been dying to test out - just need some time! :)

Sharon said...

Love your card and the efforts you put into your work. You're an inspiration.

Colleen Kramer said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the teapot from PTI, but don't relish the idea of fine tip paper scissors to cut it out. This would be a great new die for PTI to add to their collection. {Hint, Hint}

BethieJ said...

Michelle I ADORE this set.. and the funny thing I bought that EXACT paper from my LSS yesterday.. I LOVE it.. so girly!! Cant wait to use mine... hmmm now to hunt down mini clothes pins! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Nicole said...

So pretty! Love that tea pot paper pieced! Thanks so much for being a Guest Designer for The Shabby Tea Room!

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Mish

I have been a long time "stalker" of your blog, from the first time I ever came across Papertrey Ink and found a link to your blog. I love the designs you come up with every month, your style is so amazing. I love the way you use colour, the way you always manage to incorporate gorgeous patterned papers. With this card you have done that again, I love the colours and am a very big fan of that stamp set.

Thanks also for occasionally giving us a glimpse into your life and into your beautiful home. Your extra special decorating touches are just gorgeous, and I love the way that style comes across in your cards.

Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Lee-Anne

Related Posts with Thumbnails