April 30, 2010

Ribbon Favorites

Here it is May already. Happy May Day!! Today I have a fun project to show you using Papertrey ribbon. In fact, the entire Papertrey Design Team has some clever ideas to show you using their favorite ribbon techniques too. Check the links at the end of the post for more creative ideas!Today, I will be using Papertrey's 1/4: wide White Silk ribbon and Copic Sketch markers for my project. Using two colors of markers, I simply drew lines down the center of my silk ribbon. I used BG13 for the darkest color and a lighter B00 color for a more muted, softer color.
The result is a beautiful, silky variegated color of ribbon.
Using some old lace and netting that I found at a thrift shop recently, I decided to make a pretty little circle doodad. I cut layers of circles and then found a Vintage Button for the center. Using a needle with a large eye, I threaded my silk ribbon.....
.....and tied up a pretty little bow to finish off my doodad.
Lovely, isn't it?
I added my doodad to my card front, the perfect finishing touch.
Front and center on a Vintage Labels stamped die on Kraft cardstock.
I also added some of the silky ribbon to a piece of Hawaiian Shores Saddle Stitched ribbon. Love the ruffly look.
And here's one more tip for you: Use Scor-Tape when adhering ribbon that does not wrap all the way around your card. It holds tight and seals off those cut edges.
Want more ideas of what to do with your ribbon collection? Check out these nifty blogs:

18 comments:

Keva said...

Such a pretty card ad I love the ribbon. I'll have to try that with my Copics tomorrow!!

Sharon said...

What an awesome idea Michelle. A very pretty card.

Marcie Sharp said...

You make all that look easy! Thanks for the great tips!

AuroraDawn said...

Such a gorgeous card Michelle, you really do make it look so easy. Thank you for sharing all your tips and tricks :O)

Vicki B. said...

Beautiful card! Love this idea - I don't have any copics but I might try some other ink pens I have and see if it works! Thanks so much for the idea!

jan metcalf said...

Adirabke card! Polished!

Taheerah said...

Beautiful card Mish, the doo-dad is so pretty but I especially love the stitched ruffled silk ribbon on top of the saddle stitch!

Ros said...

Love the doodad! Lovely card - Not sure if you know but your blog no longer has a click link to your Etsy Shop?

Heather Rogers said...

I am so in love with that doo dad you made with the tulle and lace. I so need to do that trick with the ribbon and Copics. :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! I have some vintage silk seam binding I'm going to try this with.

Scrappin' Cat! said...

This is beautiful! I love your feminine and elegant style. You are a true inspiration. I hope you never stop sharing your talent.

paula e. said...

such a pretty card. loved the lace button doodad! was hoping you had made a video so i could put a voice with all the words and creations i see on your blog. thanks as always. i've been using my copics more to coordinate embellishments on my cards but haven't tried it with ribbon yet.

Cindy said...

I love your work! You have so many good ideas and you share your instructions too. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Jenn Copeland said...

What a gorgeous doodad! Love the Copic tip! Thanks Mish!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

As always, your doodads are fabulous! Love how this one looks as the focal point on your card.

Maureen Morton said...

Michelle - you have such an amazing talent.....putting things together so beautifully! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love these lace doodads! I have a Cuttlebug and Nestie's, but I can't get them to cut the lace nor the tulle completely through. Would you happen to know the sandwich? I'm excited to see these...I've had some tulle for years and couldn't bear to throw it away...eek! Why would I even consider it?!? Now I can make doodads forever! Thanks!

jaemom said...

That is just a gorgeous little doodad! Thanks for sharing such creative ways of using ribbon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails