April 24, 2010

Gift Basket Transformation

Hi everyone, Happy Weekend. Boy, do we love the weekends around here. Tonight we're going to a supper and live auction at a local church. I was asked to donate a gift basket so I thought you might like to see my goodies transform into a pretty gift basket.

From this:
To this:
My basket theme is Tea for Two: One for me, one for you. I had the daffodil cards in my stash so that started my basket idea. The rest of the items I had to shop for. I found a great little place to shop in town that has all kinds of homespun goodies.

The key to making a gift basket look great is to fill it FULL. Don't be skimpy....use a basket or container that fits your items, don't get it too big. For my basket, I added a bunch of wadded up paper below my sewing pattern tissue paper. This helps the items to just burst out of the basket.
I put two of everything into my wicker basket. Two homemade Lemon Poppyseed Muffins wrapped in cello bags and tied with my Wrinkle Ribbon.
Two pretty amber colored tea cups with saucers. A great deal at the thrift shop. Be sure to wash up vintage finds. I checked for nicks and cracks before purchasing too. I tucked in two lemon yellow candles and two seed packets with yellow flowers. I also found a whole stack of yellow cloth napkins. Those got tossed in the washer before they went into the basket. If you're going with a color theme, don't worry about being too matchy-matchy. Mix it up a bit.
These were the cards on had on hand. I tucked two into one of my Pretty Paper Pouches and tied with Wrinkle Ribbon and added a Tiny Tag....all items from my Etsy shop. There's two sets of these in the basket.
Then I snapped this photo showing ideas for how a place setting can be arranged at the tea party for two.
I added the photo to a piece of cardstock, listing all the items in the gift basket. People like to see what all is tucked inside.
And if you're putting in baked goods, please oh please add some homemade goodness. Not any store bought stuff. Hire a friend to bake up something special....head to a nice bakery....but don't go fake on me here, peeps.
I can't wait to see my pretty little basket of yellow goodness at the auction. That is.....after we chow down on some fried chicken, mashed potatoes and some yummy dessert. I love church food, don't you??
Hope you are having a great weekend!!!

35 comments:

Barbara said...

looks yummy!. What is the topping on the muffins? Love lemon poppy seed.
A beautiful basket...thanks for sharing

carpediem said...

What a great idea for a gift basket! I am just getting into more of a shabby chic look with some of my papercrafting and am wondering if you could explain what defines an item as being "vintage". Thanks! laura

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

Love the look her girl! Very Spring/Summer! What a great idea for the auction! And YES, I love church pot lucks....um um good!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh Michelle! This is wonderful. I am sure someone will enjoy your sweet little gift basket.

Have a great weekend! :)

Sandy Kay said...

Oh my goodness - I would love to be the owner of that basket tonight! Wow, and I only have one of those teacups in my stash! Would you share your recipe for the muffins? Yes, church potlucks are the best!

Jacque said...

You are talented, talented, talented!!!

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness this is so perfect! I would bid on this for sure! What are the chances you may share your wonderful recipe with us for those awesome muffins! Thank-you so much for sharing such beautiful idea!
Have fun!

keva said...

ing baskets and those muffins are making me want to hire a friend..cause I don't bake! LOL

Alice said...

YUM! lovely gift basket! it will be so popular at the auction! Hope you have a great time!

LindaC said...

Very nice basket! You do such a wonderful job on everything you do! Thanks for sharing. LindaC

Rachel said...

What a beautiful basket! And those muffins look so good. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Tricia T said...

LOL! I think I have that very same basket downstairs. :-) What a fun gift. Hope the auction goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Muffin recipe?? :)

Gail S. said...

What a great basket!! We have a Lord's Acre Auction in the fall - may have to keep this in mind!! If you have time, the recipe would be awesome!! Have a great weekend - Gail S.

Anonymous said...

I would love to win the basket...also, recipe please?

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wish I was attending your church auction so I could bid on that beautiful basket! Love what you have put together in it. Those muffins look divine! Maybe you could share the recipe? Please.

Katherine said...

The basket is beautiful.
But we all want to know more about those gorgeous muffins.

Unknown said...

thank you for being so generous in sharing your ideas..always great ones.

Unknown said...

Am loving the basket idea! I'd bid on it for sure! I agree with all the other gals too... would you share that wonderful looking lemon poppy seed muffin recipe? I'm almost drooling just looking at the pictures!

Nessie said...

Lovely idea! The tea cups are so gorgeous and i love all the yellow. What is the topping of your muffins??? And I couldn't find a picture of your dominoe necklaces, which you mentioned on the card?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful basket; I'd bid on it for sure. I love those vintage tea cups and saucers.

Craft Crazy Carrie said...

Mish--you are amazing...and the way you describe everything---wonderful!!! Gosh...what do you put as the minimum bid for something like this??

Laura Pryor said...

Absolutely beautiful and oh so creative!

Alicia said...

Love it! What a beautiful presentation!

Tami McBeain said...

Wowie Mish, you are one talented chickie! This basket is beautiful, wish that I could bid on it at the auction!

~melanie said...

what a gorgeous package...i love your idea!

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful gift basket!! Love the sunny, cheery yellow. tfs

Elizabeth S. said...

Love your gift basket!! Those cupcakes look so yummy!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Everything is so beautiful and yummy looking! I love the whole tea party for two idea! What a fun way to spend an afternoon with a friend.

I can't wait to hear how the auction went.

You have inspired me again! There is a group (up to about 40 now) women that meet once a month. We have a theme, games, speaker and food, as well as door prizes. This would be fun to put together for a door prize. Next month's them is thrift, frugal, etc, with a friend speaking on how she gets all these fun free goodies with rebating. I will have to see if I can find some thrift store goodies to put one of these baskets together. I'm already thinking a blueberry or cranberry orange idea for my blueberry muffins or cranberry orange scones I make. Ü

Vicki B. said...

Cute basket and great idea! I agree with you on the homemade goodie - store bought just wouldn't do in this beautiful basket! I do love the picture idea! Have not seen that before.

Vicki B. said...

Cute basket and great idea! I agree with you on the homemade goodie - store bought just wouldn't do in this beautiful basket! I do love the picture idea! Have not seen that before.

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fabulous basket Michelle. I am sure it did well at the auction. Are you going to share your recipe for the lemon poppyseed muffins? :)

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! I have this same basket and just the other night wondered how I could use it for a gift? And, here it is! AWESOME idea! Love it..thanks for the great idea; esp. with Mother's Day right around the corner! Love your blog and awesome projects! Have a great day..

Suezie said...

Michelle I jujst love your 'uniquely U' style - what a super gift basket, so pretty and so thoughtful. Next time I see just one or two pretty cups in a charity shop I will look at them completely differently. TFS

Kendra said...

WOW ~ this is just lovely Mish! I'll bet it was a huge hit at the auction.

Related Posts with Thumbnails