April 29, 2010

Coffee and a donut...

Hey everyone. Today is another busy day with a track meet for the girls. It's SOOOO windy in Kansas today. Blech.

I have a fun card to show you using a Hero Arts stamp set called Have a Donut and a few images from What's Perking. It's so fun and whimsical and perfect for paper piecing.
After stamping my images, I colored right onto the patterned paper with the Copic Sketch markers shown at the bottom of my post. I think Copics just make the images pop by adding a little extra color and shading. You can zoom in on the photo below and see that I added Glossy Accents to the coffee and the donut too.
Pretty ribbons finish off the card. Papers are a mix of Little Yellow Bicycle and The Girls Paperie.
And the fun continues on the inside of the card with the checklist that you can customize. So fun!Here's my Copic colors I used. I also added a warm grey under the coffee cup and donut for a shadow.
Hope you enjoy your day!!

10 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

So cute Michelle! I have got to start paper piecing. I haven't done much of that. YOu have made me realize I need to do more. :)

Have fun with the girls.

dolcreations said...

What a wonderful card! I just love the paper piecing and that ribbon...yummy!
Have a great time at the track meet!

nancy said...

Love the look of the crinkled seam binding with the ribbon. Thanks for sharing your recipe binder yesterday. It was as wonderful as I imagined.

Kimberly said...

coffee and a donut... works for me!

that card is awesome and I love the 'time for' stamp!

Virginia L. said...

What a lovely coffee and donut card! Congrats to be featured in HA Twitter!

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Michelle, I'm on your site everyday to see what you are up to...this is the first time I have ever left a comment...You are so talented...Love your coffee and donut card...Your ribbon I love it.
see you in the AM.

Janis said...

This is soo cute Michelle! I have a coffee cup stamp set and always want to use browns and blacks to make a card...you have inspired me to think outside the box with the stamp set.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your colours on this Mish!

Alice said...

so yummy! such a sweet card, Michelle! i love the paper you used!

patriciad said...

This is the cutest little card ever!! Love it.
It was windy in Chicago yesterday too. In fact, on my train ride home the train was going very slow and they made an announcement that it was because of the wind advisory. Huh? I've been taking that train for 25 years and never heard that one before! Wind advisory for a zillion ton train - really??

Related Posts with Thumbnails