April 20, 2010

JustRite April Release Blog Hop

JustRite has some new stamps being released this month. The Design Team is having a little blog hop to preview some of the images. You can check out all the stamps HERE.
Today I'm using By The Sea for my project. I thought this sail boat image would make a nice card for my brother who has been in the hospital this week.
I stamped the border and center image onto cardstock then colored the image with Copic markers. (Company came and I didn't get to snap a photo of my markers, I'll try to update soon with the marker colors). Copic has the most beautiful shades of blues and greens that make coloring water and sky images so fun. I cut my colored image out with a Spellbinder's Oval Nestabilities die template. All edges of my focal piece and base card were distressed with distress ink. In keeping with a masculine theme, I kept my card design simple. I added a few buttons and wrapped some twine around the card front. Patterned papers and background stamp are from Papertrey. Such a nice, serene image to work with.
Be sure to check out the following blogs for even more inspiration:

Please note the new pre-order policy for JustRite:
New JustRite Easy Pre-Ordering – JustRite bills pre-orders when it ships!

· If any of your items are not in stock we will create a backorder. We will only bill you for items as they ship.

· We will bill you your entire shipping charge on your first order and we will pay all the additional shipping charges on any backorders.

· If you would like your order held until it can ship complete, Please write “Ship Complete” in order Special Instructions.

· PayPal orders require immediate billing (This is a Pay Pal Business Policy, not a JustRite Policy).


35 comments:

Tanya said...

Your card is so pretty, your brother will love it. TFS

Marge said...

What a great card; love your BG paper with this image & the layout topped off with the buttons on the side -- perfect!

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

I have to decide whats Next....Oval or square?!!!
Lorililac

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card!! Love the images, twine and buttons.

klasickewpie said...

Beautiful card! Get Well wishes for your brother too!

Emily said...

I love the twine and buttons you used with this stamp. What a great card!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Rebecca said...

Hope your brother is home soon. He will love the card

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card! I love this stamp!

Eva said...

WOW...this is just gorgeous!!!

Jingle said...

Very nice card!

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love that image. TFS.

Lake Side Living said...

I love this set!!! I've got to have it!

Earline said...

This is a cute card I like the softness of it

juli (sweetpz) said...

great card! i love the blue colouring!

hugs
juli

Karen said...

Very peaceful and calming card! It's truly amazing!!

christi said...

love how you mixed elements.

Playing with Paper said...

I really love this set. Beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

I love the way you gave this such a masculine feel. Love the twine and stamp. God bless!
Peggy Allen

Steph Ackerman said...

This is a very pretty card.

Amy C said...

Wonderful card!! I ♥ this stamp set. Thanks for sharing!!

Susan said...

GORGEOUS!!! my style, so nice...a lot of the stuff I've seen so far is too elegant for my tests!!

Sharon said...

Handsome Manly card. Love the colors of blue.

Well wishes to your brother, He will love the card.

Michele Kovack said...

Love the soft pretty colors.....

Alice said...

beautiful masculine card! love your coloring on the image!

Kathy Jones said...

Fabulous card!! Love the natural colours with hints of aquamarine!! Love the buttons and beautiful colouring! I'm sure your brother will really appreciate this awesome card!!

Unknown said...

very pretty Mish. I like how you used a muted color backdrop for the sailboat. Makes it stand out really nice.
TFS

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful Card! I love the soft colors. Get Well wishes for your brother, I'm sure he will love the card!

Tina said...

What a lovely card! I like the soft colors you used. I'm loving this new set!!

Liz Weber said...

Michelle this is a fantastic card for a male, love the neutral kraft colour with the bold blue and your sailboat is coloured in perfectly!

Luanne said...

This makes me want to go to the beach. I agree, the blue and green COPICS are fabulous! I love your background paper too, it looks like sand...

Unknown said...

prayers for your brothers complete recovery...

Unknown said...

your card is so pretty.

Liz said...

I think this is great love the lite colors on it.. and the stamps are so amazing

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Wonderful card - love the color combo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails