July 22, 2009

Pretty Pumpkins

This year we planted lots of different pumpkin seeds in the viney patch. They're just starting to grow and are the cutest little things. So I was excited when I saw this cute combo from JustRite's new Autumn Blessings stamp set. It's got the perfect sentiment and beautifully illustrated pumpkins. I think it will be fun to send out cards like this with photos of our pumpkin patch this fall.

This week, JustRite is sponsoring the sketch over at CPS. I wanted to play along and came up with the card design below. I used papers from Papertrey and K and Company for the soft orange-y background. If you'd like to play along, just visit the CPS link. You can view the sketch (it's posted on the left side). After you've created your card, you can upload it at the Mr. Linky place listed at the CPS site. Then everyone can click on your link to see your creation. Fun stuff!
I colored my pumpkins with Copic Sketch markers, using the background papers as color inspiration. I die cut and embossed the image with a Spellbinder's Oval Nestabilities die template. I then adhered my main image to a Spellbinder's Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die template. The snippet of ribbon and buttons was added to keep with the theme of card sketch.
The CPS sketches are great inspiration if you're in need for some new ideas. Plus you gets tons of ideas from the talented CPS designer's samples.
Above are the Copic colors I used to color my image.

We got over an inch of rain the other day so I'm anxious to see what's been cookin' in the garden. Nothing like a good rain to make a garden grow! Stay tuned tomorrow...I'll show you my cute new CHA bag with tag........and I'll have tips for packing for a weekend crop (by request). Well I'm off to work in the stamp room on some projects for CHA. Be back soon!

17 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Lovely Michelle. Such a great Fall card!

Dottie K. said...

Love the fall card and that is a cute stamp. :)

dolcreations said...

This is such a beautiful card Michelle. I love how you coloured it! I am heading over to the Justrite blog now to check things out!
Christine

Patti J. said...

Beautiful card Michelle - I love fall colors, don't you? Your coloring is spot on!!!

Handmade by Odette said...

It's a lovely card ...!

Pamela Wade said...

Oooh...I love fall cards and this one is gorgeous! ~~Pam

Unknown said...

Ah... I want to live in perpetual autumn :)

Can you post pictures of your pumpkin patch???

patriciad said...

Oh maaan, I was just on the JustRite site and saw that stamp and thought awww...cute! and then just like magic a card appears on your blog. Coincidence? I think not!!

Glad you're working on CHA projects. Can't wait to see what you are cooking up!

Linda Carson said...

Picture perfect!

City Girl Scrapper said...

Love fall and the fall colors on your very cute card... and since it's so hot here in California, I'm really looking forward to cooler weather..

yvette said...

I cant wait to meet u at CHA and do one of your make and takes. I hope we can get a picture together... I will be checking all day for tomorrows blog entry, See you soon Yvette

Yvonne said...

Michelle,
I know you don't realize this but I have to say I check your blog almost everyday if not a couple of times a day. I love, love, love the new justrite releases! I don't have even one but I'm hoping to be able to buy some. Just gotta save, right? Thank you for all the wonderful creations that you let us drool over! You are "simply amazing" as my little boys would say. Truly every thing you create makes me want to get all my stuff out and create as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Victoria Hassink said...

Love the card Mish. I look forward to your tips for packing for a weekend crop, my girlfriend and I are going to go to one on Nov!

Anonymous said...

what a great card

Janie said...

I can't wait to see your tips for what to pack for a weekend crop. I'm not very organized & would love a little inspiration .. Your Pumpkin card is adorable & I'd love to have that set ...
Janie

Lenoria said...

Your cards are beautiful and I love the pumpkins (pumpkin pie!) Your coloring is so perfect.

Chrissy Le said...

I love the orange in this card, just perfect! You making me want to take the Copic plunge, hee!

Related Posts with Thumbnails