July 27, 2009

A cupcake wedding card...

My cousin's bride to be loves cupcakes. She bakes gourmet cupcakes and takes them to work almost weekly. After finding out that their wedding colors are pink and brown, I thought a cupcake themed wedding card in those sweet colors would be perfect. I paper pieced cupcakes using Papertrey's Cupcake Collection stamp set. By adding a little shading with a pink Copic marker on the cupcake liners and popping the frosting up with pop dots, the cupcakes take on a realistic look. Glitter finishes off the frosting for the festive occasion. The cupcakes are resting on a Spellbinders Labels Three die template, with a brown marker outline made while the die was still on the white cardstock. Two little hearts from Heart Prints float above the cute cupcakes.
Sentiments from the Cupcake Collection are along the bottom of the card. Sweet Blush Swiss Dot ribbon and October Afternoon patterned paper finish off the card front.
I made a custom sentiment for the inside of the card from Heartfelt Basics and a $1 alphabet set (cupcakes). I think it's perfect for this cupcake themed card. I think the cupcake loving bride will think this card is sa-weet!

17 comments:

Cammie said...

perfection!
By the way, have a safe trip and wonderful time at CHA.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! Dawn shared about your "sleep-over"! Sounds like total fun! Enjoy, and have a safe trip!

patriciad said...

Too darn cute for words.

Michelle said...

It's FABULOUS!! NO doubt she will LOVE it.. Great card.. But then again aren't they all!

Darla said...

LOVE it!! Have a great time at CHA!

TCake said...

what a fab card!... so cute i Love it!

Danderella said...

Great card...unique and personal. I'm sure they'll love it.

yvette said...

Love the card. Now I will have tgo take out my cupcake stamps. Hope to meet u at CHA. Have a safe trip

deb said...

Wow! That's got to be one of the prettiest cards I seen!

Have fun with Dawn and at CHA - can't wait to here about your trip!

Taheerah said...

That's so beautiful Mish, just love it! What did you use for the paper piecing please?

Banu said...

Very very cute. :)

Linda Carson said...

Sweet!!

EmmyK said...

Very cute!

LMCPARSONS said...

Flawless and so pretty!! I need a birthday card....make one like it and sell it to me! LOL!

LISACPARSONS said...

Can you tell us where you found the $1 alpabet set? Thanks!

Michelle Whitlow said...

ok, is there a trick to your ribbon/bow tying?? I can do a knot great but getting a nice bow like that is nearly impossible for me. What's the trick??

cupcake wedding cakes said...

that is so cute.
Have a great time at CHA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails