July 12, 2009

Out to Sea....come along with me

Edited to answer a question: I don't put my little cards in envelopes. They will fit into a standard A2 size envelope or you could slip them into a Papertrey Glassine Sack. I think they're cute enough that they don't need a envy. :)

Are you all enjoying the Papertrey count down this month? There are some GREAT new sets and products being released this month. Nichole is counting down to release day, so be sure to check out her blog to see what's cookin'. Today I'd like to show you some samples made with the new set called Out to Sea. Papertrey cruise attendees received this set and now it's available to everyone!

I started out with a birthday card which would be perfect for big or little guys. I stamped and paper pieced images from Out to Sea onto a punched, scalloped oval. The *Ahoy, Matey* sentiment and stars from Out to Sea, and a birthday sentiment from Birthday Basics were stamped onto a Kraft piece of cardstock that has been machine stitched, layered with Scarlet Jewel cardstock and finished off with tied buttons. Men of Life patterned paper, which has the cute little anchors, Enchanted Evening ribbon with twine ties, and polka dots from the awesome new Polka Dot Bascis II set finish off the base card. And if you think it's too girly to add ribbon to masculine cards, zoom in to check out idea on my card. I tied two long pieces of Rustic Jute Twine around a strip of Saddle Stitched Enchanted Evening ribbon.....nothing too girly about that at all.And if you're like me, I like to experiment with all the different images in a new stamp set. Here's a fun way to do just that. Punch scalloped ovals using the Giga Marvy punch. Stamp images from the Borders and Corners: Ovals stamp set using Scarlet Jewel ink.
Play around with various stamp image combinations. I used Scarlet Jewel and the new Enchanted Evening ink. Dress up the images with Spring Rain and Enchanted Evening Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Jute Twine. Adhere the scalloped pieces to 3.25" x 3.5" pieces of stitched Kraft cardstock, inked with Fresh Snow on the edges. Anybody watch Gilligan's Island? Remember when Skipper would say to Gilligan, *Hey, Little Buddy*?
Add some stamped and computer generated sentiments to strips of Men of Life patterned paper and adhere to cardstock fronts. Finish off with various types of Enchanted Evening ribbon. YESSSSSSSSSSS, it's the new color this month! ;)
Put 'em all together and you've got yourself a nice little batch of single layer cards.
Perfect for lunch boxes, little love notes for the dear hubster, thank you notes to slip in a batch of fresh baked cookies......or tie one onto a package of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies......or a package full of Life Savers. You can even adhere to them to full size cards later on. I love having a little stash of these cards in my basket, they come in so handy.

Thanks for visiting today.......and be sure to stop by Nichole's blog to see more samples.

30 comments:

Shelly Kettell said...

So cute! So I always wanted to be Mary Ann with Ginger's clothes...how bout you little buddy? Awesome samples!!!

Renee V. said...

Love these! ♥ They're so cute!

Carolyn said...

What a gorgeous set of cards. They're beautiful.

Elaine said...

They are so cute I'd love to make them up for my hubby and kids!! :)

Ann said...

These are so cute - I love matching sets of cards that are all different - they make such great gifts.

Cammie said...

What fun cards! I just love visiting your blog.

Heidi said...

So cute!! Your cards are always gorgeous. Your blog is so much fun!

Harriet said...

how cute can you get.....wonderful card

patriciad said...

Really darling. I'm loving that new Enchanted Evening color. Can't wait to get my paws on that one!

Michelle said...

Mish,

Those cards are ADORABLE!! You are constantly amazing us.. I LOVE that you pulled out the borders et... I know TONS of people who have them but havben't used them in a LONG time..

ValerieC said...

Adorable!

Andrea Walford said...

These are fantastic - I love the way you use the same layout and get so many different looks

MichelleY said...

What FUN cards! I LOVE the nautical theme and the gorgeous new blue coming out. Mish, you've also reminded me about the marvy punches and how they match Nicole's border sets. I've got to pull my supplies out and start using them again. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Chrisd said...

Finally, a punch I have and don't use enough ...thanks for some new ideas!What fun cards!

carmen said...

LOVE THESE,GREAT, BUT WHERE DO YOU GET THE ENVELOPES TO FIT THESE LITTLE CARDS

dolcreations said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Michelle. I love this set.

Unknown said...

So adorable! Great idea since school will be back in session soon :( <3 this idea!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are so cute! What fun variations on your theme! I love what you have done! I always love visiting to see what you have been up to!

Cindy H. said...

Super cute, Mish!!

Elizabeth S. said...

This are just adorable!!

Rene Sharp said...

Some more quality creations Michelle! Love them!

deifen said...

These are just adorable-I've recently found your blog and really admire your inventiveness and your fabulous style!
Dei-Ireland x

Loz said...

Great cards... a great set for 'man' cards that can sometimes be very difficult! Love those little rescue donuts!

Caleen said...

Love the great ideas.. Such a cute punch! Great set of cards!1 Thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

I'm so excited to see such cute cards with sailing images and sentiments. This is our second summer with our new sailboat -- it would be great to have some "ahoy matey" cards to give to fellow sailers. :)

Great work!

Kathyc on SCS said...

I just LOVE your projects today! This looks like a really fun set; thanks for sharing!

Clear Cards said...

In this blog their are some of them great collections of card and its looks really nice. Hopefully you will add some more as well.

Zafran ali said...

What a gorgeous set of cards.Absolutely outstanding work.
Plastic Card.

Zafran ali said...

Love these! They're so cute & so nice .Thank,s for so so great post.

Wire Harness

Zafran ali said...

These are so cute I love matching sets of cards,Thank,s for so impressive post.


gift pakistan

Related Posts with Thumbnails