July 2, 2009

Crunchified Hamburgers

Time for another recipe card. We'll be having burgers on the 4th so I thought this recipe might come at a perfect time for all you planning a get together this weekend. This recipe is definitely fitting the *scrappy* category. The recipe is for *Crunchified Hamburgers*. You know how sometimes you just want to add a little somethin' somethin' to your burgers. This recipe hits the spot...I love the crunchy French Fried Onions!!My recipe card measures 4" x 6" and uses patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket, *secret recipe* sentiment from Hero Arts, tied buttons....and the cutest little Itty Bitty Hamburger from Karen Lockhart. I colored it with Copic markers and cut it out with a Spellbinder's Pinking Circle Die Template. I love how tiny the dies get with this set.
Do you have secret ingredients that you add to your burgers? Let me know any good tips you have for the BBQ season!

Here's the recipe that you can copy/paste/print:

Crunchified Hamburgers

2 lbs lean ground beef
2 cups (4 oz) French Fried Onions
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
American Cheese Slices
Mix beef, 1 cup French Fried Onions, Worcestershire and garlic powder in large bowl. Shape into burgers. Grill burgers about 10 minutes until cooked through in center. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Cook 1 minute until cheese melts. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and tomatoes, if desired. Top each burger with remaining French Fried Onions.

Note: I put a link to the left of my blog just above the *labels* section for the fonts, size, etc on my recipe cards.

16 comments:

Neighbor_Nancy said...

YUMMY! Thanks for the font info! I love the font you use on the recipes!

patriciad said...

YUM-O. Sounds marvy. Now you're talkin' my language, sister!! Enjoy your holiday. Oh yeah, card's cute too!

Unknown said...

I am the lucky winner of some beautiful Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and I think I am falling in love!! Your recipe card is totally FAB!! I plan on making some too!!

Anonymous said...

Love the recipe card, and the recipe sounds yummy!!! I will try it..Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! the card is so sweet..Happy 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

...and I'm on a diet (that doesn't include the Crunch in your burgers-ho-hum;( However, in my former life where crunch was in vogue, 1-2 C french fried onion rings in the BBQ beans was very delish!! Happy 4th of July!

KanataNewf said...

Love this! My favourite home-made burger recipe includes salsa, taco seasoning and crushed up taco chips...mmmmmm....

Carolyn said...

Wow, what a great recipe. I can't wait to try them.

Wendi said...

Ok, I guess I just need to start making some cute recipe cards so I can save all these great recipes that you so sweetly share! Yum, yum on this one. Sounds great!
Happy Day!

wisteriagirl said...

These hamburgers sound delicious! Can't wait to try them. Your recipe cards are too cute, now I want to know what kind of recipe holder do you put your cards in? Thanks so much...Happy 4th!!

MichelleY said...

Dang...I love the individually cut out ingredients! What a clever touch! I'm so gonna try these burgers, Mish....they sound delish...from Miss Mish! LOL! I'm a poet and I don't know it! LOL!

Okay...I'm leaving now....

Anonymous said...

loved your hamburger recipe and the card looks great- think I'll try this one even though it's raining and cold and the middle of winter here- love looking at All your work especially your recipes cause I like to compare with whats in Aus. Have a Happy 4th July. Kathy S

Basement Stamper said...

That sounds so yummy!!! I may have to try that recipe this weekend with my new BBQ. I enjoy your recipe cards!

HollyC said...

These burgers sound great! I have one very helpful hint that I would like to share:it is about baby back ribs. I cook them in the crockpot for about 3 hours on low, then 3 hours on high. Remove them from the pot and grill them for a few minutes, just enough time to get the BBQ sauce nice and crispy. Before the ribs start cooking in the pot, you can rub some grilling spices onto the ribs. I sometimes add a liquid--1 to 2 TBS of apple cider vinegar + 1 tsp white sugar + 1 tsp brown sugar. Just pour this over the ribs and cook. Thanks for all the good recipes you have been sending our way. Happy 4th!!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Sounds very tasty, Mish -- I'll have to try this! Very cute scrappy recipe card!

cute recipe cards said...

Hi,

Wow, I am really thankful to you for providing this information. Thanks...

Related Posts with Thumbnails