July 3, 2009

All Star Birthday Invitations

Well, the birthday party is over. All the girls have gone home. Everyone's taking a nap but me. In case you didn't know, Josey's birthday is one day away. That would be July 4th. She'll be 12. She's told me that a million times so I thought you should know too!!

It's always fun to have a birthday party when you're a kid, so we just run with what the girls want to do. Josey is definitely a sporty girl so when it came time to make birthday invitations, Jordan had a great idea. We used Pine's All Star Team stamp set along with some fun patterned paper and PTI accessories. Jordan did the stamping of the pennants, star border and the *Let's Party!* and *you're invited* sentiments from Lisa Johnson's Let Freedom Ring stamp set. She used softball stickers adhered to circle punches for embellishments. I helped her with the Papertrey Vintage Buttons and Pure Poppy Saddle Stitched Ribbon. Jordy and I thought that the stitching on the ribbon tied in good with softballs.
We did lots of activities outside including playing in the timber, volleyball, water balloon fights and lighting fireworks. Here's some fun photos from the party:

Here the girls are having a day at the spa, complete with a nice, cleansing mud bath. If you don't have a spa near you, simply go down to the creek (or crick if you're true country folk) and slather yourself and your friends in gross mud.
Here's Josey blowing out the candles on her $26.00 dollar Dairy Queen Snickers Ice Cream Cake. The girl does not know that a cake mix costs .89 cents on sale. Anything for my sweet girl.

And after filling 250 water balloons that the girls piled into the pool, it was time for a water balloon fight. Nothing like getting slapped in the back with one of these things.
Jordan found a creative way to stock pile her water balloons so that she could carry her ammunition around with her. You should have seen Eric and my folks rolling with laughter at her when she was down to just one balloon right smack dab, front and center in her bikini bottoms. :0
She saved her final water balloons for her beloved sister, chasing her all over the yard. This photo reminds me so much of the girls when they were just little farts, chasing each other and giggling.
Then it was time for a little relaxing in the pool.
And then some fireworks. The girls are busy here creating the world's largest connnected smoke ball.
And one of my personal fireworks favorites, the sparklers. Surely you remember spelling your name or acting like the Statue of Liberty?
A really fun time filled with lots of good friends, giggly laughter, and good times.
That's what it's all about, folks. Enjoy the good times!!

20 comments:

Jane said...

Man I wish I was there! Talk about a birthday to remember! Nice work mom!!

yvette said...

Mish seemed like a great party the girls look like they were having fun. Dont worry about the cake I'm 43 and remember the special more expensive cakes my mom got me because I loved them. Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July

Tiffany Apple said...

My daughter just turned 12 too! She hates cake, so we got her an icecream cake. Crazy!! Who doesn't like cake?! Looks like alot of fun!

Linda P said...

Happy Birthday Josey!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

How sweet! What great memories you are providing for your children. I would love to come sit on your porch!! I love the country!

Dottie K. said...

Happy birthday Josey! What cute invites and Jordan did a beautiful job on them. Great photos to scrapbook the special moments. Now that cake sure does look yummy! Hope you have a great 4th and party. :)

Yvette said...

Awww to be 12 again! Looks like they had tons of fun!!! Happy 4th!

Stephanie said...

What a great time your daughter had!! Love how you turned it into a spa party too :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Thank you for giving us another little peek into your life. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all the girls.
These are memories that they will carry with them forever.
The invites are wonderful and I love the stitched ribbon with the baseball theme. (did you see there are baseball designed oreos in the stores now? anyway there are here and I would think in KS too).

oh and we say "crick". Ü

Gabriela said...

Oh Mish - what a heartwarming and delightful post. Your invitations are adorable and the party and pool photos are simply charming. Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl.

Anonymous said...

MishMash you are so very talented oh how I wish you could just teach me to make all the cool creations you make! Your blog has become of my favs and I cant wait to try those crunchified burgers!
mahoganygirl

dolcreations said...

What a fantastic party the girls had. My biggest chuckle was the balloons stuffed in the bikini! How cute was that! I hope you scrapbook that one!
Love the invitations...once again you are so talented and I think your girls will be following suite!
Christine

TinaC said...

I always had so much fun with my two kids birthday's. Looks like she had a wonderful one. Oh to be that young again...!!! Love your site. Have a Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday Josey...!!!

Unknown said...

The invites are the cutest!! The pictures are so great!! It looks like they had tons of fun and lots of great memories!!

City Girl Scrapper said...

Looks like a lot of fun.. we can't get sparklers her in Cali anymore:(
but I remember growing up.. they were my favorite.. Happy Birthday to your daughter...

Sharon R said...

You can really get into party planning for a side job (like you need more work, right? :-)
What a delightful party! And the cake!! Mmmmm!!!
Happy Birthday Josey!

Lori Craig said...

Happy Birthday, Josey! Looks like a fabulous party!

Cindy H. said...

Looks like a grand time was had by all! Wonderful pictures for the scrapbook, too. Happy Birthday, Josey!! Jordan, good job on the invites! Mish, if you ever need another job - party planner would be right up your alley!!!

Wendi said...

Love the invitations. The party looks like tons of fun. I am a Southern California girl, so seeing all that green grass and wonderful land makes me jealous! Happy Birthday to Josey!

patriciad said...

Happy B-day Josey! Looks like a wonderful party. Jordan did a fab job on the invitations. Have a great weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails