July 7, 2009

The perfect pair

I think that wedding cards and anniversary cards can get so mundane and boring looking. I like to liven them up a bit and add some fun, personal touches. Like with this card I made for my mom and dad using Karen Lockhart's Pear stamp. I colored my image using Copic Sketch markers and used one of the new Copic pastel colors(BG0000) for some subtle outlining around the pears. The 12 new pastels are so awesome for adding a faint shadow around colored images. I love them!!

I love the play on words I did with my computer generated sentiment. I used *perfect pair* to refer to the pretty bowl of pears. The main image was cut with a Spellbinder's Oval Nestabilities die template and then embossed....the scalloped layer is a Spellbinder's Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die template. Background paper is by October Afternoon, paper for the punched hearts is from K & Company, ribbon and Vintage Button from Papertrey in Spring Moss. Base card is Papertrey Kraft.
Have a great day everyone!!

7 comments:

Danisha said...

I just love your style!

Dottie K. said...

Just perfect! Love those colors. :)

April said...

I love your work Michelle! Do you ever sell your cards to the little people like me?

Heidi said...

I love this card! I'll bet your mom and dad did too!!

jen said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me! :)
Thanks for the constant inspiration!!!

CreativeMish said...

This is so cute! Love the pairs!

Carolyn said...

Wow Mish, I love the Lockhart stamp. I'll have to do a reorder now. LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails