December 20, 2009

My Little Sunshines

Hello everyone. It's a lazy Sunday morning around here. I've got laundry and cleaning to do today so of course I am procrastinating. The girls are officially on Christmas break, woohoo! We had a fun time with family and friends last night at Eric's parents.

Today I thought I'd show you something I did for the girls last week. We didn't do an official advent countdown this year but I've been hiding little gifts in the tree for the girls here and there. So here's my lineup to start my project...I purchased some of those miniature candy mints that the girls love so much. I then gathered up some goodies to make some treat sacks for ballgame day. The candies are so colorful and cheery.....I thought the sunshine sentiment from JustRite's Romantic Sentiments would be just perfect for some tags to attach to the goody bags. This set will be released January 1st. I stamped the sentiment using Papertrey Smokey Shadow ink to match the lighter grey tone in the October Afternoon polka dot patterned paper I'm using. I then stamped a star circle border from JustRite's Just A Note Borders and Corners set in Papertrey's Summer Sunrise ink. I punched out both images with layered circle punches. I then adhered them to the tags I created that were stamped with a flourish stamp from Papertrey. I stamped the girls' names using Smokey Shadow ink and a Hero Arts alphabet stamp. Glitter and Papertrey Lemon Tart Vintage Buttons finish off the fun tags.
I tied the tags to some opaque gift sacks I had in my stash. A fun little gift filled with sweetness!
You'll notice that the tags say *Thank you for being my sunshine every day*. After I gave the girls their little gifts that morning, we headed up the bus. As usual my little sunshines had to bicker. This time is was about who would hand out teacher treats to their favorite teachers. Josey finally decided that she just wouldn't hand out any treats, Jordan could do it all. It was also freezing but she decided that Jordan and I weren't worthy of her presence in the blazer and that she would just walk to the bus. The girls were arguing back and forth so much that the bus was here before we could even get in the vehicle. Needless to say, Josey did indeed hop in the car and ride to the bus with us. Ahhhhhhh, gotta love my little rays of sunshine. :) They keep life sassy for sure!

Did you check this out? For your convenience JustRite has compiled a Punch and Die Compatibility Chart HERE. You can check out the JustRite blog to see all the images from Romantic sentiments, being released January 1st.....and you'll notice that JR is moving to Typepad.

Hope you're having a great day! I think I am officially done using Christmas themed stamps. I need to take a day to clean up my stamp room and rearrange my stamps. It's always fun to move on to a new theme and holiday! Now......back to the laundry and cleaning.

10 comments:

Rita said...

Popping in to say Merry Christmas to you and your family! Your blog has been a blessing for me this year. Thank you for sharing your creativity. You are an inspiration, Mish. Best wishes this holiday season.

Margaret said...

Thank you for sharing all your sweet stuff on your blog. I do love what you make and you make it seem so easy. Thank you for pointing out the compatibility chart. It's been hit and miss so far with my 1"5/8 JustRite stamp. I bought punches and lately the large circle Nestabilitie. Have a wonderfull Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Country Mouse said...

These are adorable!!! I'm sure your daughter's are going to LOVE these! What a wonderful Mommy they have!!!
I'm wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Elizabeth S. said...

what great treats for you little sunshines eventhough they bicker sometimes.
thank you for posting the compatibility chart.
Thank you for all your inspiration.
Have wonderful holiday season to you and your family.
Hugs,
Liz

MarieL said...

Dear Michelle,
I wish you and all your family a Very Merry Christmas.
Thank you so much for all the ideas you have given me this year. Unfortunately, I am still working on Christmas items for the girls at work and I will have to case your notepads for ideas....hehehe

All the Best

mamajulie said...

Thank you for showing something other than Christmas. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in making everything perfect that it's good to remember that life will go on.

That said, Merry Christmas to you, Eric, the Reds, and your families.

Wendi said...

Those little sunshine bags are so sweet. I am always coming up with little treats for my kids and hubby to let them know how much they bless me every day. I think I'm with you... I'm ready to set up my Valentine Inspiration Station. Can't wait to see yours!

Winter said...

What sweet gifts! We love those little candies, but I didn't know they had them in that size! I'll have to look for those! Have a very Blessed Christmas! :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are absolutely adorable and my mouth is watering just looking at them! What fun colors and details! I love it!

Marisa G said...

Cute, cute! I have missed your recent posts, and am subscribed through feedblitz. Did you stop using their service?

Related Posts with Thumbnails