December 29, 2009

Jot this down...

Edit: Hi everyone, my cards are a little late getting up in the Etsy shop. My friend Lori called and got her car stuck in a snow drift on a country road. I had to track my dad down to get his tractor and go pull her out. My good ol' dad. Anyway, I have a gihugic headache now...the computer guy is coming this afternoon...I want to start a fire in the fireplace to get cozy....so the Inspiration Station is being postponed. I will get it organized here soon and will post....sometime before Valentine's Day I promise. ;)

Hello my lovelies! It feels so good to break out some different stamping supplies. I just fall head over heels for Valentine's Day. It's such a sweet holiday. Today I used my Take Note stamp set that Nichole so awesomely illustrated. And once again, I worked in mass production mode. I love to see all the little design elements grouped together in little piles.
For my card design, I used a pink circle embellishment as my main focal point. I used the *jot this down* sentiment along with the large parenthesis and dotted circle outline, then punched out the circle using my EK Success 1-3/4" circle punch.
The rest of my card has lots of heart elements such as the hearts from Simple Valentine, the *i love you* sentiment from Tiny Treats: Valentine, a dotted heart outline from Borders and Corners: Hearts, Simple Valentine patterned paper and the adorable pencil from Take Note.
The card base is Sweet Blush and is finished off with Pink Hibiscus ribbon, pink velvet ric rac and a pink sequin. The envelope is finished off with more hearts and a sentiment from Simple Valentine.

Here's a closeup of the card front. I found this great pink graph paper that I recycled from some old note cards...I love to re-purpose items that have been in my stash.
That's it for today folks. If you like my cards, I'll have some added to my Etsy shop soon. Have a great day everyone! I'm off to clean up my stamp room so I can work on my Valentine Inspiration Station.

12 comments:

yvette said...

I cant wait to see your inspiration station for Valentines
I will have to start pulling out all of my stuff too. Thanks for sharing

Wendi said...

I'm with ya! I love Valentine's Day too! Love the colors, hearts, candy, love!! This card is adorable. Can't wait to see your inspiration station. Maybe it will help get me inspired to get mine up and running.
Happy Day!

Karen said...

So glad we are on to a new holiday. This is so much sweet goodness. I love the way you incorporated several stamp sets. I need to think about that more often. Have a great day.

Anne said...

I am a victim of tunnel vision. I would not have thought to use the images from Take Note on anything but a note pad. I am crazy about what you did with this card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Lori said...

Such pretty Valentines.

Niki Estes said...

Oh, these are so cute, Mish! Hope you had a good Christmas!

Krafty Karla said...

I just discovered your blog and I have to say that I love your work!
You are sooo talented.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Karla

Cathy Weber said...

Honestly I don't know how you think up these ideas. I also never though to use my take note set on a card, but it totally fits! What size is the card? A2?

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

These cards are too cute :) I hope your headache goes away soon and you have a nice warm fire to cheer you by now...take care!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what sweet notes! You have a great jump start on Valentine's!

I hope you are feeling better and look forward to seeing your Valentine inspiration station. I am hoping to clean the "tornado" that somehow hit my stamping room today. Maybe I can get a inspiration station set up too!

Anne said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. The important thing is to take care of yourself. You have such a busy life and so willingly share your talent so now is the time to take care of you. Do I sound like a great-grandma or what? Looking forward to your inspiration station!! Happy New Year

Becca said...

Hi Mish: I have had you listed in my fave blogs for over a year now and I have enjoyed viewing your beautiful creations. I am loving the card candy that you are creating seasonal.
You have inspired me with the seasonal creating station and it has worked wonders for me to get organized and for me to know where everything is. Thank you so very much.

I wish you all the best in the New Year and I will pop in to say hello.

Take care and happy creating,
Bela

Related Posts with Thumbnails