December 17, 2009

Gift Sack Tags

For teacher gifts this year, I made notepads for the ladies (see the previous post) and sweet and savory snack mixes for the fellas. I made a bunch of tags to tie onto Papertrey Kraft Coffee Sacks, using some of Pine's creations last week as inspiration. For the main circle image, I used the 2008 Holiday Tags set with Ripe Avocado and Scarlet Jewel ink. I punched out the circles and edged them with Fresh Snow ink. The base tag is made of Kraft cardstock and Making Memories holiday patterned paper. The to/from sentiment is from the new Tiny Treats set. A snippet of Ripe Avocado twill finishes off the tags.
After filling my treat sack with all the goodies, I rolled down the tops of the sacks, punched a hole and adhered the tags using Ripe Avocado Saddle Stitched ribbon.
The fellas always love our homemade treats and the girls love to hand them out at school.

Okay, here's my holiday update: I got all the teacher treats made, wrapped and ready to head out the door tomorrow. I shopped the other day and got most of my gifts purchased. I'll be checking my lists today and will finish up my shopping soon. Tomorrow I'm planning on wrapping all the gifts I have so far for the girls...they're wanting to see some presents under the tree so they can be snoopy. I've got my Christmas cards all addressed and stamped and will get those written out today. I'm making progress! I'm hoping to get all done by the end of the weekend so that I can spend quality time with the girls over Christmas break. How are you guys coming along? Are you getting things crossed off your list?

On a different topic, we taught the girls how to play Nertz this week. Eric and I used to play this when we were in high school and college with my parents on the weekends. My mom and I were on a team and Eric and my dad were on a team. I bet we played hundreds of games of Nertz! My girls are hooked and LOVE Nertz now too. You can view the rules HERE. It's a great game that the whole family will love. We can't wait to play more over break. And if you're doing an advent countdown, how about giving 2 decks of cards (they have to be different colors).....I bought mine at Walmart for a buck each! Great fun, I highly recommend!!

8 comments:

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Oh my gosh, Mish, we totally grew up playing Nertz all the time!! My whole family! Soooo much fun!! Haha. I haven't played it in forever. We totally need to play again!

Melissa said...

I've never heard of anyone else who plays this game outside my family! It's our favorite and we always play at holidays! Your tags are very cute!

Unknown said...

I had never played Nertz before I married my husband and his family plays ALL the time! We do guys against girls and have a blast.

Liz said...

You brought back memories! We played it, too! But we called it Squeak!

Love the tags!

Sharon said...

I want to come and play Nertz with the Woodersons!! We play cards all the time (can't wait for our Jordan to get here for our Rook tournament!)but I've never heard of Nertz - will be giving that a go next week too!

Karen said...

Love those tags. My you have been busy. With the exception of cooking the meal, I am ready for Christmas. Tomorrow is Christmas stamping day with a few close friends. Can't wait.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

I played this game in college and was addicted from the start! Our version is called Dutch Blitz. (I went to a Mennonite institution.)

Unknown said...

these are great what a great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails