December 24, 2009

Winter Time

Winter is on it's way folks! The wind is howling outside and the first signs of snow are starting to fall. Oh my, is it ever freezing here......brrrr. I've had two cups of coffee, 3 sugar cookies and about a dozen raspberry peanut M & M's. I think my body is going into hibernation mode.

As we prepare for Santa's visit tonight, we're doing a little last minute cleaning....and making sure we have all the cell phones charged and something to eat just in case the electricity goes out. (Oh, here comes more snow...big time!)

I thought I would show you some more of my holiday decorations. You all have seen this tiered wire stand that I use often for holiday decorations. This year, I filled it full of my aqua blue-ish ornaments. I had planned to make this giant wreath using the ornaments, but never got around to it. So I just nestled all the little pieces into my stand. There's rustic snowmen, snowmen ornaments, jeweled greenery, vintage ornaments that I picked up at an auction............
.....and little bird nests and eggs.......
I also added a few things to my hanging bird cage.
I love the birds and flowers so much that I couldn't take them down for winter. They remind of spring time and how much I love that time of year. So I just added some holiday stuff.....glittery silver snowflakes hang from the framed botanical prints......
Little snowmen ornaments are tucked into bird nests...........
And knitted stockings are hung with clothespins........
A small crystal wreath and a glittery *jolly* word is hung from my fern wreath..........
And Jordan arranged the snowman people......complete with a few new additions that she bought for me this summer.........
Wherever you are tonight.......whether it be snowy and blowing......or hot and breezy.........I hope your hearts are warm and filled with the holiday spirit.
Christmas funny for the day: We made the rounds last night and delivered Christmas goody trays to all the country neighbors. I prepared decorated sacks of sweet and savory party mixes....my homemade jellies.......and banana bread and sugar cookies. Our neighbors gave us gifts of peanuts and candies and breakfast burritos for this morning. My folks were our last stop of the night. As we were leaving, my dad followed us out into the garage and reached into a box. He said he's been giving out some Christmas goodies too. I thought I spied big round oranges. Nope. He handed Eric two giant Vidalia onions. Snort!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, don't knock it...onions are always a practical gift to give and receive. :)
Well, I'm outta here for today. Eric's gonna start a fire here soon so we don't freeze to death this Christmas Eve....the girls are calling each other butt heads on their walky talkies......and I'm going to start a new book: The Friday Night Knitting Club. Ho Ho Ho everyone!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Michelle! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration and life all the year through! Heidi

Holly Saveur said...

Hi Michelle

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.
And also thank so much for all your inspiration this year.
I am looking forward to what you will teach and show me the coming year.

Hugs Holly.

Kathy McDonald, Seattle said...

Merry Christmas, Mish! I just wanted to stop in and say "thank you" one last time for a year full of fun and inspiration. Your blog is my first stop every morning when I turn on my 'puter, and I'm never disappointed. There are several of your beautiful things in my home this year, thanks to your Etsy shop. I look forward to many more years of inspiration!

Kim G said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!! I come to your blog every day to see what you have come up with next. Always something different! I live in the middle of Illinois and we are having the rain, lots of rain, it it were snow, we would be in a lot of trouble, cause I live out in the country, down a long lane!! Happy New Year also!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Merry Christmas Mish! I love all the stories you share with us. The onions would be perfect to make Bloomin' Onions!

It is very cold (bitter cold!) and very white here as well.

Oh yeah, and glad to know my boys aren't the only ones bickering. Ü

nancy said...

Thanks for taking the time to share with us, even on crazy busy days like Christmas Eve. I look forward to seeing what surprise is waiting each day.

Hope the storm doesn't add too much extra work, but just leaves a beautiful picture behind. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Shirlann from Beautiful British Columbia said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family and much health and happiness throughout the new year! I have so enjoyed visited your blog to see what you come up with next. You have truly inspired me! (waiting to see if you make any more grab' n go bags...giggle :)
Sounds like a great evening...even with the threat of a snowstorm!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Merry Christmas Mish! Your decorations are just beautiful!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Stay warm and safe and thanks for always inspiring me with your creative genius! :)

We are snowed in here in OKCity and can't travel to be with our family tonight but we are safe and warm and hoping that we can get there tomorrow.

God Bless and Christmas WAishes to you. xxoo

Becky P. said...

Merry Christmas. The Friday Night Knitting Club is a great book, I asked for the sequel from Santa. I stop on your blog everyday and I just wanted to say I am thankful for you, your creativity, and your willingness to share. May the new year bring you peace, continued happiness and health for your family.

beth said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I LOVE your blog - thank you so much. It's a year round Christmas gift for me.
You will LOVE the Friday Night Knitting Club! And there are 2 more - I just finished the 3rd book - Knitting the Season.
Enjoy your holiday and thank you!
Beth

Cindy said...

Merry Christmas! I have really enjoyed your blog and looking forward to all the neat stuff in the coming year. Thanks, Cindy

Vina said...

Ho Ho Ho Michelle! Have a very Merry Christmas & a joyous New Year! Thank you for all your inspiration and stories that make us smile!
Take care, Vina

Eveline said...

Merry Christmas to you all.
Stay warm and snug.
Eveline.

Linda said...

Merry Christmas!!

Your decorations are awesome.
Thank you for all the inspirtion throughout the year.

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I really enjoyed that book. The sequel is pretty good, too.

Anonymous said...

Love the book Friday Night Knitting Club. I've read both books and am starting on the Christmas book. I hope you enjoy the book, Thanks for keeping up with your blog. I look forward to reading it and admiring your creativity. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Maureen L.

Related Posts with Thumbnails