December 27, 2009

Pink and brown butterflies.....

Edit: Thanks for the nice comments, ladies. The little pink stick on sequins were from Archivers. I don't have the packaging still so I can't off you the manufacturer's name, sorry about that.

Hey everyone, it sure feels weird posting something other than Christmas cards or holiday gifts. But I'm definitely ready for some fresh new designs.

Today I'm using Karen Lockhart's Checkered Butterfly stamp that I paper pieced along with some punched polka dot hearts. I popped all three items up on pop dots for a really dimensional look. I added a Papertrey sentiment and some pink sequins for the finishing touches. The patterned paper for my card front is from October Afternoon.
To color my image, I used my handy dandy Copic Sketch markers, pictured below. I still have to brag about the wonderful Copic markers. They are a tried and true tool that I reach for so often. If you're looking for a way to rev up your cards and projects, Copics might just be what you're looking for...especially if you like to color images like Karen Lockhart's.


Hope you're having a great day today. We're just relaxing and enjoying our time off from school and work.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card you made!

Groetjes Ingrid

Karen said...

Such a sweet card. Love the colors. I have all of Karen's butterflies, just love them.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for showing the Copics. I struggle to get the colors right when I'm stampping.

Anonymous said...

I Love the layout of this card, Mish! Who makes those small sequins? They look like mini dew drops... too cute!

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful card! I love the brown and pink combo!

Dena said...

So cute... I've never been a "Pink" girl, but the more combinations I see using pinks and browns, I'm starting to really like it. And I love the colors you used.

Anonymous said...

I love this card, esp. the colors!

Suzanne said...

Michelle, this is really beautiful. I love pink and brown together and the design is so simple!

Related Posts with Thumbnails