December 5, 2009

The Coffee Kit

Hi there. The coffee kits are now sold out. Thanks to everyone for your orders. For those interested in my cute tins that held my embellishments in my photos......those are old jello molds that I have found at antique stores, flea markets, junk shops and garage sales. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find some. I'm sure you could do an Ebay or google search too for *vintage tin jello molds* or something of that nature. Hope that helps!

Happy Weekend everyone! It's time for another Etsy shop kit. The Coffee Kit. It's all coffee themed with rich colors of tans and browns. I've had this one brewing for a while...selecting fun embellishments and papers....searching for fun elements to use. There's a huge mix of products in this kit. Lots of handmade doo-dads.......
Mixed in with fun papers......
and ribbon strips from my collections.......
Here's the kit photo with all the pieces and parts of the kit contents laid out:
And here's some close up shots. You'll get an assortment of 4" x 6" , 4" x 4' and 3" x 3" patterned papers, chipboard pieces if you want to make a mini album, brown and white polka dot felt........
Plus a brown A2 size stationery envelope, a small envelope, and one of my favorite elements....a clear overlay stamped with a Hero Arts background using brown craft paint.
I also created some coffee themed accents to use on cards or for journaling blocks....two journaling cards on kraft paper and a strip of cardstock with the words *coffee* printed on it.....
More paper accents including an index card sprayed with coffee colored Glimmer Mist, a coin envelope, a journaling sheet from Making Memories, a folded glassine sack, a sheet of text from a vintage book and a coffee paper napkin......I can't wait to show you some ideas for these goodies.
The ribbon selection includes lots of rich brown and tan colors and textures including satin, velvet, stripes, reversible polka dots and a hand stamped strip of twill with the words *coffee*.
And a whole selection of hand made embellishments.......glittery, buttoned coffee mug, beverage label, coffee bean girl, sheet music circle with flower and brad, glittery flower with tied button, coffee mug punched accent, loopy circle stamped on paper sack circle......buttons and more.
You'll get a whole sack full of goodies. You can use the embellishments to create cards, gift sacks for coffee themed items, bookmarks, scrapbook pages........or you can create a fun mini album using the chipboard pieces as covers.....add in some of your own papers and stamps, etc.
I'm keeping one kit for myself and I think I'm going to make a mini album. My whole family loves coffee so I thought it would be fun to take some photos of us enjoying our coffee......maybe include visitors who come over for coffee....recipes with coffee as an ingredient.......our favorite Starbucks in town....kinda of a collection of warm and happy photos to sit on the coffee table.
I'll be assembling my book.....possibly not til after the holidays though.......and here's a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing. Cover the chipboard with the piece of felt and add a strip of ribbon, a coffee tag and a button.........
Piece together embellishments to use as accents on card fronts or mini album pages........
Use the journaling sheet as a background for a smaller journaling accent and add a flower doo-dad accent.......use this on a card front or add to a larger scrapbook page......or decorate a notebook.....
How about creating some recipe cards using the accents? Maybe you've got a great recipe for iced coffee, hot cappuccino or a dessert made with rich coffee......or perhaps some favorite desserts that would be great served alongside a cup of coffee..........

Tons of possibilities with this kit as you can see. And I made sure to add in some fun textural elements such as the felt and stamped clear cardstock and paper bag circle accent. Kits like this are a great way to experiment and let your creativity blossom. There are no rules.......just pick a project and start adding elements.

Take your kit to a weekend crop. Purchase a kit for you and a friend and plan a crafty date together. Take a photography field trip and photograph your favorite coffee shops, then create a mini album. Gather up card making supplies and create a whole stack of cards, building your stash for next year. Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy the process!

The kits will be up in my Etsy shop shortly. Once The Coffee Kits are gone, there won't be additional kits like this for sale. I'll be offering lots and lots of various kits in the shop in the upcoming year though so stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

The Fifield Kail Family! said...

I Love the coffee kits there so adorable! Cant wait to make them Thanks. Also I LOVE the little tins. Were ever did you find them? I would love to get some thanks for all your lovely idea's also wanted to thank you for introducing me to D.a.i.s.i.e. (LOVE THEM)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I got one! I got one!!! I can't wait to see all of the goodies. Thanks and Happy Holidays! Heidi

Unknown said...

I am a Coffee Snob and I just purchased one of your coffee kits. It looks great - can't wait to get it...good luck with your sales!! You always do such wonderful things.

Katie Skiff said...

These are so cute, and a graet idea to take to crops with friends. Great job Mish!

Kristy said...

This kit is sooooo cute! And, I am actually seeing it before it is sold out. I can never seem to see your stuff before it's gone (boo hoo). Anyway, I would buy this in a slick minute, but no one I know drinks coffee (boo hoo hoo). Love it, though!

Trinka said...

I am sad I missed out on this....so cute.

Michelle's Inky Fingers said...

What a cute coffee set!!! I am always LOVING your blog posts, and I have to know where you get your heart shaped tins? Your workspace must be so organized - unlike mine in total disarray!!! I end up working on a space directly in front of me with a 4" square since all my supplies get crowded! Thanks for always sharing such sweet projects! ~Michelle :)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I love your coffee set!It is so yummy looking. TyFS!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a super fun idea! I have a few of the molds and love them!

Heather said...

Just to let you all know...I saw some of those molds at World Market last time I was there. Just a couple weeks ago.

Melissa Rodgers said...

Michelle, I would love one of your kits and but keep missing the boat. Are there particular times you do these? I don't want to miss out on the next one. Thanks!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

I love the coffee kits I am a huge fan.

Janet said...

I didn't even get to see it in your Etsy shop--don't know how I missed it. I really wanted one.

Lisa said...

so disappointed i missed out on this. Have been in the hospital for a few weeks and no computer or for sure would have purchased one. I have been looking for months.

Related Posts with Thumbnails