December 31, 2009

Who is this person?

Hi everyone. I'm not sure who snuck into my body this morning. I woke up at 5am, same time Eric gets up. We chatted until it was time for him to leave for work. I was up and at 'em by 6am. I mean out of bed and actually awake and functioning. Josey has a big sleepover party to go to this afternoon and Jordy is having a friend over. My kids are getting more New Year's Eve party action than Eric and I are. I did plan a big supper for us and I already have everything prepped and ready to go. I made a mandarin orange jello salad, my mom's BBQ meatballs, my mom's cheesy macaroni and corn casserole and pickle pinwheels. The girls came around 'bout the time they smelled the dill pickles. We'll be having about half a batch of pickle pinwheels tonight it looks like. Nothing like pickle pinwheels for breakfast! Goes good with a cup of coffee.

So now what do I do? We took the ornaments and holiday decorations down last night. I'll have the girls get the ladder out today and we'll unassemble the tree and take the lights off. I think I'll vacuum and clean after that. Again, who is this lady inside my body?

Since I have so much energy today, I think I'll offer up a new kit today in my Etsy shop. I'll make the announcement here on the blogaroonie later on so stay tuned.

And how about a little New Year's Eve fun? For those of you tying one on tonight, drink a margi for me!! For those of you staying snuggled inside your warm home, let's get the crafty party started. I'm going to offer a sketch challenge for you later this afternoon. Let's call it the Hip To Be Square challenge. You know, for all of us folks who are in the non-party crowd tonight.

Okay, I'm off to hop in the shower while the girls are at ball practice. I'll buzz back in soon!! :)

11 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey Michelle! I think buzz is the watch word here. Sounds like you are really moving this morning. I am a morning person so what doesn't get done around here by about 3:00 PM doesn't get done. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Cammie said...

Love those mornings when I wake up full of energy. Sadly, those mornings are infrequent. Like the idea of a sketch challenge. While dh and I used to go out and celebrate the New Year with dinner and dancing, now we "celebrate" at home with dinner, some wine, a movie, and a jigsaw puzzle. I've got to make the lasagna and pie for tonight.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Jeepers...send some of that energy my way!! I awoke with puffy eyes and a messy kitchen and nothing prepared for any festivities. Who needs a clean kitchen when there is crafting to be done?!?!

CathyB said...

Whoo hoo! Bring it all on! I am ready for a peek at a new kit and a sketch challenge too! I can't wait!!!

Harriet said...

Going to play along this afternoon cause weather is wet and dreary today...not even leaving the house... I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for the inspirations from you and I love your creations and enthusiam to do what it is you love....

Happy New Year !!!!

Wendi said...

How can this Blog be so entertaining even when there is nothing to look at?!! You are funny and creative! As for me and my family, we are so on the no party list. Having our own quiet evening at home. We'll make our own fun I guess. Crafting is certainly on the list of entertainment here!

Krissy said...

You are on a roll today! Wish I was that motivated! can't wait to see what you have in store for us with your challenge today. I'm sure hubby will fall asleep early, maybe working on a new project will keep me awake long enough to ring in the new year with Dick Clark!

Happy New Year!
-Krissy
www.paperinkspirations.blogspot.com

P.S. What are pickle pinwheels? pickle, cream cheese and Buddig Beef? That's one of our favorites! Now I have a taste for one!

Anne said...

So glad you are back to your old self. I don't need to ask if you are feeling better? I love a day when I get up and am super-charged. At my age those days don't come around real often. New Years is no big deal around this house. I probably will take the laptop into my craft room and play while the ball drops in NY.

Anonymous said...

I wanna know what pickle pinwheels are? Sound interesting.

Shelly said...

I want to know, too :-) What are pickle pin wheels?

Anonymous said...

I too want to know all about your pickle pinwheels.

Love everything you do!!

Barbara in Bellflower

Related Posts with Thumbnails