December 6, 2009

Christmas in a flash...

My sister and I enjoy sending funny cards to each other. On her last trip back, we visited the local scrapbook store for some crafty shopping. Each time I looked over at her, she was fanning herself with pieces of patterned paper and sweating like crazy. I was just waiting for Debbie, one of the shop owners, to tell my sister , "Excuse me ma'am, but you'll have to buy that paper if you're going to sweat all over it". My sister says just you wait sista, your time is coming! :)

So I thought it would be fun to send my sister one of these cards:
At first glance, she'll think it's a cute Christmas card. But then she'll get a look at this fan.
And then she'll read the sentiment: Personal summers in the middle of winter?
And the inside of the card says: Well that stinks
I can't wait to get her *hardy har har* phone call when she gets this one in the mail! And just in case you have a friend experiencing the dreaded hot flashes, I've added a few of these cards to my Etsy shop. Enjoy!

Card details: The electric fan and inside sentiment images are from Karen Lockhart. I colored the fan image with Copic Sketch markers, using the patterned paper as the color inspiration. Ranger Glossy Accents makes the fan look shiny, while glitter and a glue pen were used for the air blowing out of the fan. I added a few small snowflake stamps to the image to reflect the winter theme. Front card sentiment was computer generated then printed.

15 comments:

jen said...

Hahahaha!! She's going to crack up! :)
I love that font on the front- do you remember what it was?

Shelly said...

Those are funny! I have been put on new medication that give me hot flashes from time to time. The cool thing is I can wear short sleeves even though it is cold!

Linda said...

Too funny. I have that stamp, I might have to make one for a friend of mine too. What font did you use for the front sentiment?

christina #4635 said...

ha ha! That is funny! SO clever!

Unknown said...

Love the card and the sentiment. It cracks me up!

Janet L. said...

That's a funny one and would fit me as well as your sister! One has to have some humor to survive the darn things!

Jana said...

That is too funny!

Patty J said...

love your sense of humor and style!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so funny! I had to have a hysterectomy at a young age and this would have been fun to have rec'd. I think I need this fan image for my SIL and friends going thru this now though. Ü

starsandcards55 said...

i've lived through it - and humor definitely helps! great card, as usual. you are a hoot, mish and i have a feeling your sister is going to get a cooling laugh from this adorable card!

JustYolie said...

LOL LOL Super clever!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

He he! I laughed too :) My own sister would have appreciated this and I definitely would have received a har-de-har phone call from her!

Tami McBeain said...

giggle

Pamela said...

These cards describe me right now. I continue to have my own personal summers every 45 minutes and it is getting on my very last nerve! These just cracked me up and helped ease my pain for a few moments. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tricia T said...

I was inspired by you to mass produce some little notepads for the ladies at the post office for Christmas. Thank you! I linked your blog to the post so more people can come be inspired!! :-) Thanks for sharing your talents with us!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails