December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Cupcake

Hi everyone, thank you for the nice holiday wishes. You guys are the best! Today is all about preparing for the big winter storm that is to pass through tonight and tomorrow. It's already wet and rainy so we're staying inside, all snuggly and warm by the fire. Jordan and I mixed up a loaf of banana bread and have some sinful sugar cookies waiting to be baked too. Hopefully we'll be able to get out tonight and deliver our goodies to our country neighbors.

On a crafty note, I have a birthday card to share with you today. I used Karen Lockhart's Violet Cupcake stamp and happy birthday sentiment for my main image. (While at Karen's site, be sure to check out the homepage for some fun new stamps being released!)I colored the image in with Copic markers, using my patterned paper as a color guide. As I've said before, Copic Sketch markers are perfect for coloring in Lockhart images because the pointy tips allow for very fine detail. Love my Copics!
I embellished the finished, colored image with ribbon snippets stapled with my new tiny Tim Holtz stapler.....I've lovingly named mine Tiny Tim. I found my stapler at my local scrapbook store. I also finished off the image with a hand drawn line using a fine tip marker and some pink sequins. The eclectic mix of pretty papers are from October Afternoon. I hope you're on the downhill slide with your Christmas preparations. I have a few more recipes to make for Christmas day festivities and some fun snacky stuff for us to munch on while watching Christmas movies and playing games. The girls are hoping for LOTS of snow so they can go sledding.

Coming soon: I have LOTS of new things planned for my blog and Etsy shop for the new year. Think Valentine's Day......and a new way to approach some of those New Year's resolutions........more fun kits, notepads, cards, embellishments, etc. Ohhhhh, it's going to be fun!

Well, the rain is pouring down now.....hoping it turns to snow instead of the freezing rain we usually get. Later kiddos.

12 comments:

dolcreations said...

Michelle thank-you so much for inspiring me this whole 2009. I am so looking forward to your blog in 2010! Enjoy your Christmas with your family...and drive safe when delivering your goodies!
All the very best Michelle in 2010!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Merry Christmas form tropical (and stormy) Australia :)

CathyB said...

Merry Christmas! Be careful driving. Here in NE they are saying ice (1/4") then snow (12")! Guess we will have a White Christmas this year! Can't wait to see all of your projects in 2010!!

Yvonne..... said...

Living in the south, we NEVER get snow for Christmas. Hope it's just enough for you to enjoy. Thank you for all your inspiration this past year. I truly enjoy visiting your blog each and every day. I can't wait to see what you create and share with us for 2010. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish, Just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Thanks for all your beautiful inspiration this year. I get a little jealous of your cold weather this time of year because it's HOT, HOT, HOT here in Australia!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

A quick question, if you don't mind...I've looked back through your blog and I don't know if you've ever answered this question or not....what is the font that you have used on the clothespin clips that you have made (the ones that you cover with paper and use for clipping different types of papers together)?

Thanks so much,
Pam

Leonie said...

Merry Christmas & lots of happiness for 2010

Hanne said...

Merry Christmas Mish!!! Thank you for all your inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

I check out your blog daily, love your work, and love reading about your family. Mine are grown,now I enjoy the grands and the greats. Your cards, and projects, are the best, so inspired. Starting my day, with "Mish" has been so much fun. thank you Happy Holidays

Carol W. said...

Merry Christmas Mish! I'm so looking forward to all of the goodness you have in store for us in the New Year. I absolutely LOVE your blog and enjoy all of the inspiration you give to me! Enjoy spending quality time with your family and I hope for snow for your girls! I'm down here in sunny south Florida where we're expecting a high of 80 on Christmas day. :-(

Wendi said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope your girls get snow for Christmas! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration and can't wait to see what 2010 brings!

Anonymous said...

Mish- What color copics did you use to color in the cupcake and flower stamp? thanks in advance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails