December 9, 2009

Wish Big

At this time of year we're so busy with holiday happenings that we sometimes forget about the monthly birthday list, anniversaries, etc. I sometimes like to take a break from all the holiday projects and stamp some regular ol' birthday cards.

Today I reached for one of my favorite Papertrey stamp sets called Piece of Cake, along with Big and Bold Wishes.
I used a Kraft cardstock, Turning a New Leaf patterned paper and old sheet music for my base card. The birthday cake image was stamped with Dark Chocolate and Spring Moss with some glittery goodness added on. The sentiment *Wish Big* and the swirly image from Big and Bold Wishes was stamped on a journaling tag from Elle's Studio. Notice how the journaling block is printed in black along with the sheet music.......don't be afraid to combine brown with black on cards, it's okay to be mixy matchy. I like it. I finished off the card with pretty Spring Moss ribbon.
I embellished the inside of the card with some scraps of the patterned paper and another sentiment from Big and Bold Wishes. What a fun card that was to make!
And to continue the birthday fun, I'm added a handful of Mishie Mini Kits called Eat Cake to the shop. Lots of fun doo-dads, Papertrey paper, ribbon, buttons and a journaling tag from Elle's Studio. Kit contents are shown below:
A close-up of the doo-dads:
And the paper and ribbons:
Hope you enjoy! And if your weather is like my arctic weather.......it's the perfect time to snuggle up with your papercrafting supplies. Brrrrrrrrrr.........

6 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Oh, my goodness, Mish, these are stunning! It makes me want to stop all my Christmas preparations and go stamp!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful card Michelle! Love all of the layers on that cake, the sparkle and the big sentiment! It's chilly here too 47! (in Austin)

Suzanne said...

I love this card!!! You are such an inspiration. I cannot wait to see your work using the new sets coming out for Valentine's Day.

Elizabeth S. said...

Love your card, Mish! Stay warm.
Liz

Pamela said...

You inspire me every time you post. I so wish it were cold here...80's yesterday, but supposed to get cooler today...we'll see.
Thank you for sharing such cute, cute ideas!

Margaret de Witt said...

Hi Michelle, I just have to say that I really enjoy checking your blog. I always love seeing the card candy you create and also your final creations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails