December 26, 2009

Friendly mushrooms..

Hello everyone. I hope you had a joyous holiday with your family and friends. The weather was quite treacherous around our neck of the woods. We had a full blown blizzard Christmas Eve. Our poor neighbor lady was coming home from a family celebration and got her truck high centered on the drifting snow on our country road. She had no cell phone and had to walk more than a half a mile to reach my mom and dad's house. My dad got dressed, got the tractor and pulled her out, nearly getting the tractor stuck. I'm thankful our neighbor was okay.
We had two wonderful Christmas celebrations with my folks and Eric's folks. Good times, just visiting and eating wonderful food. The girls were blessed with many gifts and their sweet smiles warmed our hearts.

I am very excited to use some new holiday papers to scrapbook our Christmas memories......but after that's done I'm putting away all my Christmas goodies. I'm ready to move on to Valentine's Day and flowers and more spring like creations.

So here we go. I've been wanting to ink up this cute Hero Arts set called Sending Happy Thoughts for some time. It's got the cutest little images, including the friendly mushrooms that I chose for my card. The new 2010 Hero Arts catalog is now out and it's fabulous.
I used some of my favorite October Afternoon paper as my color inspiration, then reached for my handy dandy Copic Sketch markers color the mushrooms. If you zoom in close on the photo below, you can see that my mushrooms have spots. After coloring the images, I took some of the markers and made dots all over the mushrooms, using the pointy brush tips. Such a cute effect. I finished off the main image with some glitter and green sequins.
You can see the Copic colors I used below:
Well, I hope you're having a great day. It's a perfect day to stay snuggled inside and play with all the new Christmas goodies. I got a home spa kit, complete with a bubbling foot spa and warm paraffin hand treatment. The girls and I are going to try it out today. Don't hate us because we're beautiful. Ha.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

Love this card! I have this HA stamp set, but haven't used the mushrooms yet. Now I need to get them good and inky! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

The snow you had yesterday is here in Chicago today. It's beautiful to look at, but I'm glad I don't have to leave the house today! I think I'll sit down and get crafty!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a sweet card! We have been homebound since the 22nd due to ice, snow and blizzards! I am so glad your neighbor lady is okay. We were once caught in bad snow weather and it was a miracle that we got home that night (well early morning Ü).

Have a wonderful spa day!

Kelly said...

Again, a fun, cute card. And I love your stories. Enjoy the spa. I love my foot bath when I remember to use it! Stay safe.

Kathy V. said...

Goodness--a little snow on Christmas is one thing, but a blizzard, oh my! Seriously glad all are ok. Bad weather can turn deadly quickly.

Love the card, by the way. Although I love Christmas, it's time to move on to other events. So your inspiration serves as a good "kick in the pants". Thanks! (I think--LOL)

Happy New Year, Mish.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am sorry to ask but since I am new to scrapbooking, and I have a question is Cosmo Cricket the same as October afternoon? The reason I am asking is because I have the same cute flower paper and mine is the double deck from Cosmo cricket.

Related Posts with Thumbnails