January 15, 2010

Rockin' the kingdom...

Hello everyone! Last night was the release party for the new January Papertrey products. I hope you had a good time. I'll be showing you my project samples later but today I have an adorable card for you.

As my little niece grows older, I'll be in more need of little girl cards like the one I have for you today. My girls have outgrown the little princess type cards so this one was really fun to create. I used the border stamp, princess sentiment and tiara from Daily Designs & Sentiments, a new release this month by Alli Miles at Papertrey Ink. I used White Shimmer cardstock to stamp all of my images. The shimmer is so pretty for little girl cards like this. I couldn't resist using Dawn's Say It With Style sentiment set to so spell out U Rock the kingdom. The words *the kingdom* were stamped with a Hero Arts alphabet. The pastel pinks and purples were inspired by Pine's Pretty Pastels patterned paper. I am in love with this paper, you'll see me using it for everything from girly cards to baby cards, Easter cards,etc. I finished off my card with a Sweet Blush Vintage Button, a pretty bow tied with Plum Pudding Swiss Dot Ribbon and purple rhinestone sequins on the tiara.
Be sure to check out all the other great images from Daily Designs & Sentiments, it's a fun little set. Have a rockin' day, my friends. Today I'm finishing day 5 of a week long subbing job at the high school. The kids have been great so it's been a low stress week...that usually doesn't happen with the little darlings. The girls lost their BB game last night in the tournament so we're now done with school basketball. It will be nice to have a long 3 day weekend since the girls have Monday off.
Then on Tuesday........the 19th.......I'm having my first *personal day* adapted from my 12 Days of Me concept. I know many of you have started receiving your kits and don't know exactly how to put them together. My intention was to have a full tutorial here on the blog with photos to guide you. Since my main computer went down, I've had a few delays dealing with uploading photos. So although I might not be able to get the photos I want, I will for sure be posting step by step directions for you. So stay tuned for that, I'll be working on the post over the weekend. Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Busym1 said...

Hi Michelle, another Michelle here. I visit your blog often, but don't comment much. Your things are so nice, and I made my first Papertrey purchase last nite due to your beautiful projects! I hope I can do something as nice! Hugs, and have a great day

Karen said...

What a sweet girl card. I ordered Heather's papers last night. Can't wait for the order to come. Love the "personal day" idea. Hope you enjoy your long weekend.

Melisa Hunter said...

What a gorgeous card! Love all the sparkly touches. It's always fun to visit your blog!

Unknown said...

Will you be making more 12 Days of Me kits? I keep checking everyday to see if you have more available?!?!

Sara Paschal said...

Hi Michelle, I have been reading some past posts today and am wondering where you purchase the beautiful ric rak and velvet ribbon you use? Paschal.sara@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails