January 21, 2010

January 19....Personal Day #1

Edit: The divided page protectors that I use are from We R Memory Keepers. I purchase mine at my local scrapbook store and Archiver's. If you want to purchase online, just use your search engine to find a website that carries them. For the 6 x 12 pages...and any of the smaller sizes like 8.5 x 11 or 8 x 8....I blend them right in with my large 12 x 12 scrapbooks. I use the WeR brand of scrapbooks too and the pages all tuck nicely inside when closed, no pages hang over the edges. Hope that helps.

Hey everyone! I've added some photos of my personal day for you. Here I am gettin' all scrappy with my supplies. No need to zoom in.......there's only wrinkles and chubby cheeks. I did two detailed page spreads of our Christmas events at the grandparents' houses.
And the rest of my layouts were much simpler, using the divided page protectors.
I love this method of blended scrapbooking, so much faster!
And here's the recipe for the Turkey Bacon Rollups. Using a big tortilla (I think mine were jalapeno something), spread on a little bit of herbed cream cheese. I used herb flavored Alouette cheese spread. Layer on turkey slices and any kind of shredded cheese. Microwave this for about a minute, til the cheese is nice and melted. Have cooked bacon ready and I even softened up some red onion I had in the frig.
Add the bacon and onions to the wrap and roll up tightly.
Cut in half and secure with toothpicks. This makes a big wrap, I only ate half of it and saved the other half for supper. I like to dip mine in my homemade salsa or honey mustard. And it's good to slug it down with a diet pop. Enjoy!!
I'm back, good morning everyone! Be sure to scroll down for my first post today showing you how to use Papertrey's Creatively Clear Cardstock and Copic markers. You won't want to miss it.
Today is the 19th, which marks the first day of my 12 Days of Me concept. You can read all about it HERE. I've taken the day off to do something totally personal for me. My very own personal day to do whatever I want. This hardly ever happens but I'm doin' it!

Check back throughout the day as I pop in and out to tell you about my day. And in case you're wondering, I am slowly getting my computer/printer issues figured out....so I'll have the next 40 kits of The 12 Days of Me in my Etsy shop very soon....this week. I'll post a notice here on the blog for when the kits will go up.

My schedule:

January 18th, 2010
10:45pm.....need to stay up late and organize more of my layouts that I didn't get to, but thinking I'd much rather get a good night's sleep....zzzzzzzzz

January 19th, 2010
7:00am...getting the girls around for school, sipping my coffee
8:10am...showered, coffee and cinnamon toast consumed, in my scrapbook room ready to rock and roll

thought: Did you see Ali Edwards' post today? It's day one of digital scrapbook basics. I'm definitely going to review that information this week. I'm excited to learn my new Photoshop Elements 8 program

9:24 am...2 page layout done of Christmas at my folks and the inlaws. woohoo.
10:23am....used divided scrapbook pages for 3 pages of photos, so quick and easy. nothing fancy but I'm getting it done. i need a snack.

11:50am...taking a break for lunch and Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. Yummo.
thought: Kimberly Ann said...
"I certainly hope today's posting includes turkey bacon rolls (yes, I am still here - did you think I would forget)." Oh Dear Kimberly Ann, how could I forget you? YES, I am enjoying a turkey bacon rollup with honey mustard dip. And I took photos. And I'll be posting the recipe for you too. Sometime later.
1:36pm...finishing up a billion photos I took of sledding. divided page protectors to the rescue again. time for a nice hot cup of coffee. i want to make sure i have time to clean up my mess today. watching bobby flay on the big tv.

5:01pm...finished all my holiday pages. i think i may have lost thanksgiving photo with my computer crash. dang. the girls are home early now since BB season is over but they're entertaining themselves. just finishing up an altered 25 days of christmas mini altered album. i decided to nip the daily december idea and just the album for photos of christmas gifts, extra photos and christmas card/photos we received from friends.
thought: someone asked what's for supper........i haven't thought about it but maybe french toast and leftover bacon from my lunch. i've had such a great day. i'll share my thoughts tomorrow about my personal day and how i want to approach scrapbooking now.

8:33pm...watched American Idol while finishing up my projects. i did it! Christmas/winter pages are all done for 2009. i have about 4 more layouts to complete 2009. my 365 album is complete for 2009 too. feels so good to accomplish this. so good to commit.......my word for the year, commit.

25 comments:

Andrea said...

Have a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL day!!! You deserve it Mish!!! And thank you for inspiring us all to do something special like this for ourselves also!

Debbie said...

Have fun on your day!

Kimberly Ann said...

I certainly hope today's posting includes turkey bacon rolls (yes, I am still here - did you think I would forget).

Sandy said...

I hope you're enjoying your personal day!!

Patty M said...

Thanks for the kick in the rump...I almost missed January's "me" day but it is ink for the 30th. Have a wonderful day today.

Amy said...

I am captivated by what you are doing today. It is inspiring me to take this Friday as my ME day. I am so far behind on my photo albums. Will you be showing pictures of what you have done today? I am very interested in using the divided sheet protectors they have out now but when I went to Archivers, I found that they only work on the oversized binder-type albums, and I don't use that kind. Is that what you are using? I am hoping all the manufacturers will come out with the divided sheets. If you have found divided sheets that work on the standard 12 x 12 albums, please let me know. I am also wondering if your ME day has gone by too fast. Mine always do. The school bus always seems to be coming down my street before I'm ready!!

Kathy R. said...

Sounds like you're having a great day ... I have yet to plan my first Personal Day and the month is flying by. I better plan something quick! Enjoy the rest of YOUR day! :o)

Priscilla Heistad said...

I am vicariously enjoying your personal day, while I study for the bar exam. I think I need you to do this everyday, it helps me with study breaks! LOL.

I'll be catching up with my personal days at the end of February.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Chris said...

sounds like a fabulous day for you!! we all need more of these days...

Ellie said...

Wow.. really felt like I was "relaxing" w/you! now you have me curious in seeing them pics of the turkey bacon rolls!

so whats for dinner? :)

wanda50 said...

WOW Mish!!! What a great day you seem to have had. I only wish I could do the same each month. Maybe in a few more months I can. In the meantime I will enjoy your days with you. Thanks for sharing...I feel like I have known you forever. I absolutely love your inspiration and your blog. I am hooked and amazed by your talent. Be blessed and thanks for being a blessing to this papercrafting addiction of ours...

Wendi said...

What a great day. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'm scrapbooking today too and would love to see/hear what you came up with.

Yvonne..... said...

Sounds like you had a very fun and productive day! Please share your layouts, especially the Dec album. I also didn't get the Dec Daily completed but I need to do something! My personal day is this Saturday and I'm so looking forward to it. Not only will I be enjoying my day, but decided to make a mini album documenting these personal days. Thanks for keeping us inspired!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Help! The 12 days of me kit sold out as I was ordering it....in between putting it in my cart and checking out!! It was in my cart and I didn't get it!! Boo Hoo! Are there going to be any more? I was one of the ones who commented that I wanted one back when you asked how many more you should make. Please put more in your shop.

thanks,
Pam

Sally said...

Wow! You are good! Way to stay focused and get it done!

carmen said...

YOU LOOK TO BE HAVING A GREAT TIME, THAT GOOD. JUST WONDERING WHERE YOU CAN GET THE DIVIDED PAGE PROTECTORS? THANKS

carmen said...

OOPS ONE MORE THING IS THE 6X12 LIKE A HALF PAGE PROTECTOR AND YOU JUST PUT IT IN YOU ABLBUM WITH 12X12? IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THESE ON LINE DO YOU HAVE A LINK....PLEASE

Debbie R. said...

Thanks for showing us some of your scrapbook pages. I bought some of these pages after seeing them on your blog last year, but haven't used them yet. I love seeing what you do with them! Thanks for all the good ideas on card-making and scrapbooking.

Elizabeth Bracco said...

What a dream day! That bacon wrap looks divine. mmmm..... And a cherry Pepsi...be still my heart. You and your bloggings always make me smile. I look forward to visiting your every morning. :)

Kimberly Ann said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Those are very similar to a wrap I make, except I don't add the bacon & cheese. What have I been missing?!? I will have to find out after a trip to the grocery store. I'll sneak back in and let you know (like you're dying to know).
Love your work space - wish I could find mine.
Thanks for sharing - I really (REALLY) do appreciate it.

Becky said...

Mish,

Thanks for all the great blogging. I am using the divided page protectors in my 2009 album also. (Not near as done as you are) I love the different options they give you. I am a Memorywork Rep. and we sell the WeR Memorykeepers divided page protectors also along with the albums that I love.

patriciad said...

Yay, looks like you had yourself a great day. Good for you - you deserve it! I have to say, I have my eye on that roll up and it's looking pretty tasty. Ohhhhh, now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot. ;-)

Diana said...

I love this post. I feel like I know you from checking your blog everyday and love hearing what you are up to each day.
I am definately making the roll ups, thank you for the recipe. You are such an inspiration and I think you are so very creative.

Juanita B said...

Amazing idea! Have an awesome day and TFS.

Julie said...

I found your blog through Google. Brilliant ideas.

I do all of my albums this way.

I'm just curious as to how you label the pix in the photo sleeves?

Related Posts with Thumbnails