January 11, 2010

Inside & Out: Baby

A new year brings new beginnings. I am so excited for this new year because there will be lots of new babies coming soon to the neighborhood. (not from me so don't even ask!) Nichole has a great new set coming out this month that has elements that can be used on both the exterior and interior of cards. It's a sentiment only set that can be combined with all of your other baby sets. Or you get creative like I've done today with my project.

I paired my sentiments up with images from Pine's All Star Team and the additions sets to create an adorable card and tag ensemble for a special baby boy. Our friend and his wife are expecting a baby boy this spring and they are really into sports.
My card features a Dark Chocolate pennant stamped with *baby boy!* from the Inside & Out: Baby set coming out this month on the 15th. I stamped the images on White Shimmer cardstock and the results are stunning. The subtle softness is perfect for a baby card. The *twinkle* sentiment is from Star Prints. I paired it up with the sentiment *All Star* from All Star Team to create a clever, sports themed sentiment. The stars from All Star Team were stamped in Spring Rain, punched and glittered. The Spring Rain twill makes a nice coordinating accent piece and has a silver brad attached. Background papers from Papertrey have polka dots and stars.
The inside of this card is a real hit too. I combined 3 separate sentiments from Inside & Out: Baby to create my inside verse, along with images from All Star Team and the additions sets. Again, I played up the sports theme in a totally cute way.
My matching gift tag is made from the same elements as my card, with the addition of Spring Rain grosgrain ribbon, Dark Chocolate grosgrain ribbon and a large silver eyelet. I haven't purchased the baby gift yet but I'm thinking a pair of teensie Nike tennis shoes will be perfect!
I hope you enjoy my projects today. If you have babies coming soon, this month at Papertrey is going to be extra special. This set combined with the Baby Button Bits are sure to be a homerun!

If you'd like to see even more baby inspired projects, please visit the other Papertrey designers' blogs:

Nichole Heady
Heather Nichols
Lisa Johnson
Becky Oehlers
Betsy Veldman
Debbie Olson
Dawn McVey
Kim Hughes
Geny Cassady
Melissa Phillips
Niki Estes

11 comments:

Rita said...

Love the creative way you used an older set with the new one. You are such an inspiration! I love coming to see what surprises await each time I visit your blog.

Ingrid Danvers said...

ITA with Rita...what a great way to combine an older set with a new one. I love your card. It's really adorable.

Nancy L. said...

so cute!

Diane Jaquay said...

Ahhh, Michelle, this is just PERFECT for a baby boy card!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So cute! Loved how you used the All Star set to create a baby card.

Kay D said...

What an incredible idea- you're a genius!
(and it's gorgeous, too)

Margaret said...

Ver pretty, lovely sentiment too.

Wendi said...

Darling! I love the colors you used and the sports/baby combo! Leave it to you to come up with something so amazing!!!

nancy said...

You know how to make them, Michelle. I know of so many people (men mostly) who have run out and bought sports gear or team t-shirts as soon as the stick showed a positive response. This card would be the perfect approach for them.

Geny said...

Great stuff Mish!! Love that card and tag!!

Elizabeth V. said...

I love how you combine sets! I always look at my sets in a new light after I visit your blog. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us...I appreciate the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails