August 22, 2007

Square Pocket Cards

Edited to add: The Crafty Secrets Tea and Coffee set can purchased right here at Crafty Secrets! It's a good set to own!!!

Edited to add: Dottie suggested using the pocket cards for sending stamped images to friends. Great stamping minds think alike.....because I meant to post that and forgot, but I think that would be a GREAT idea!! Stamp whatever image is on the front of the pocket card and send them off to a friend. Thanks for sharing Dottie.

Note: I will post directions for the junior note pads later, I promise! Gotta get ready for my first sub day on Thursday!!

In the meantime,these are some fun little projects that I made up this summer. They are square cards that open up with two pockets inside. They're very simple to do so I hope you try them out.

Directions: Cut an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock to 8'1/2" x 6-1/4". Score the 8-1/2" length in half at 4-1/4". Score the 6-1/4" lenth at 2". Fold on score marks. You will end up with a 4-1/4" square card. See bottom photo for what the inside looks like. Decorate the front as desired, punch two 1/8" holes on the card fold and tie up with some pretty ribbon.

This first card uses a favorite image of mine from the Crafty Secrets coffee and tea set. This adorable coffee pot is begging to perk someone up! I used the Ornare piercing template from Ellen's store to make a little steam and then colored over with Copic Spica glitter pens. Soooo shimmery. Three little pink decorative pearls underline the sentiment. You can pick up those at Ellen's store too. May Arts ribbon.

Now check out this cute little number. Another favorite image of the Lockhart collection is the Bouquet stamp. I think I've used it for every occasion...except a wedding card....must do a wedding card using the Bouquet stamp! I colored the image with Copic markers and was able to get into those tiny little spaces so easily using the Sketch markers. Ellen's got em' on their way so head on over to her store to stock up. Again, I used an Ornare template to make some swirls and then played dot to dot with a Copic Silver Spica Pen. You NEEEED these glitter pens, I'd go ahead and get the entire set cuz you'll want them all!. To finish off the bouquet I placed a white decorative pearl in the center of the bow. Papers by Memory Box and also available at Ellen's store. May Arts ribbon.
Cupcakes anyone? Are you needing a cupcake? Or four? This cute little morslet of a pocket card uses Karen Lockhart's beloved Cupcake stamp. Doesn't she make good cupcakes???? I again colored the image with Copic markers and then used the Copic Silver Glitter Pen to make a pink, foil cupcake liner. That little sucker sparkles!! The pink frosting is really pink flocking.....makes the perfect fluffy frosting. Get yours at Ellen's, she's our girl! More Ornare swirlies, Memory Box paper and 4 pink decorative pearls in the corners. May Arts ribbon.
And here's the inside of one of the Cupcake card. I finished it off with a little insert and tap. Sentiment from the Lockhart collection. If you look closely, you'll notice that the two green flaps that are folded up have little notches cut. I just measured in about 1/4" at the top centers of each side and snipped a notch down to the bottom at an angle. This allows space for the ribbon and the card to close nicely. I just eye balled it so no need to measure unless you're going to get all persnickity about getting that ruler out. Go ahead, I know some of you will. LOL! Enjoy and let me know if you make one.....send me a link to your pocket card, I'd love to see your version.

9 comments:

Dottie K. said...

What beautiful cards. What a great pocket card. Would be perfect for a gift card for the holidays or to send some stamped images to a fellow stamper. Thanks for sharing how to make them. Your very talented and I look forward to your post. :)

Unknown said...

Mishy - you always come up with the bestest ideas!

Beth Thomas said...

What a wonderful idea! Yours are so cute!!! I can think of all kinds of uses for these little cards!

Anonymous said...

Saaaa-weeeeeeeeeeeet stuff!~
Of course!!!

~Tex

Dottie K. said...

This is so easy to make! I made a template out of white paper so I would have a sample to use when I have time. Thanks for a fantastic idea. You always have such cool stuff to do on your blog. Looking forward to the notepad instructions. Have a great day! :)

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are fantastic, what a great idea for sending images.

Alhambra Club said...

I have a question I am in love with the vintage coffe and tea set, could you email me and let me know where you purchased from.

Charmingdesigns said...

Love these pocket cards!! I will have to give them a shot! Laurie

Rose Ann said...

I really love these pocket cards! Wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails