August 12, 2007

Paris in Pink

Talk about pink right?? While on vacation, I took along my Crafty Secrets stamps, a black ink pad and a few Copic markers. So I spent a little time creating some collage images. I used the French Mail and Cherub set from Crafty Secrets. I wanted to create a *postcard* feel these these cards and these CS sets work great for that look. I also bought some new pink and black Anna Griffin patterned paper at Archiver's while in Colorado Springs, I love it! And while at Archiver's I noticed that scallops were everywhere. I mean everywhere....on paper, embellishments, stickers, stamps. This is where my handy dandy Spellbinder's Nestabilities scallop die cut templates came in handy. I used full embossed square on the first card and just a snippet of a black scallop on the second card. I love that the embossing adds enough detail that you don't really need to mat your images again. They stand out enough without any additional card stock matting. Images were colored with Copic pink markers. Notice too that I used a light pink mist of Copic airbrushing on both cards too. I think this added just the right airy touch to these romantic cards. Stay tuned for more tips on airbrushing with Copic Sketch markers soon.




Supplies from Ellen's Online Store: Copic Marker (R83), Copic Airbrushing System, Spellbinder's Nestabilities Dies

Other Supplies: Pretty In Pink SU! cardstock, Anna Griffin patterned paper, Papertrey White cardstock, Crafty Secrets French Mail and Cherubs Clear Art Stamps, Ribbon and buttons unknown, Pink Floss by DMC, Amuse Creative Candy sequins, pink rick rack from Maya Road






12 comments:

Dawn said...

These make ME want to go to Paris:) I love the color combo...and don't you LOOOOVE Archiver's??? I don't have one here, but visit when I go to GA to visit my twin sis!
Dawn

Robin said...

These are very pretty! I love the pink/black combo and will be looking for these papers from Anna G. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Tres chic! I noticed all the scallops on a recent trip to Archiver's too. Love the nostalgic look they give your cards.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oooohlala!!! These are beautiful Mish!!!

Kristina Lewis said...

Love it!! Love the colors and the layouts! So vintage! You are tres talented!!

Mo Moss said...

the colors are just wonderful and the whole scallop idea is the best!!!!! Pink and black and scallops, how could it get better. Thanks

Charlene Austin said...

WOW!! These are absolutely gorgeous!

Angel said...

Ooohh... cool cards.

Jessica said...

These are beautiful! i especially love the second one. Awesome work!

Charmingdesigns said...

Wow, I love what the Copic airbrushing does. Cant wait to find out more about how to do this technique! Can you email me and let me know about what machine I should get, Im really interested in getting the spellbinder scallop set but wondering if I can get by on a less expensive machine. Thanks, Laurie lm.sm@juno.com

Anonymous said...

I LOVE anything to do with PARIS and PINK. Your cards are no exception to that love!!

I love Archiver's so much they all know me personally, LOL. I gained a little more control and now I only go there about every two to three months. They should call it SCRAPBOOK HEAVEN!! TFS.

Unknown said...

Arizona Cardinals jerseys
Arizona Cardinals apparel
Arizona Cardinals shirts
authentic Arizona Cardinals jerseys
Arizona Cardinals jerseys store
Arizona Cardinals
Jimmy Choo shoes
Chanel Shoes
YSL Shoes
Christian Louboutin Wedges
Christian Louboutin 2010
christian louboutin manolo blahnik
air jordan shoes sale
michael jordan shoes sale
micheal jordan shoes
free shipping wholesale jordan shoes
Lacoste Polo Shirts
Wholesale Polo Shirts
Cheap Polo Shirts
Cheap Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts

Related Posts with Thumbnails