August 7, 2007

Garden Angel Thank You


I really love how this card turned out. I bought this new K & Company paper while on vacation and just fell in love with it! And while at Archiver's I saw scallops everywhere, they are a hot item! So when I got home, I scurried to my stamp room to make a creation. I colored my new Lockhart image called Garden Angel with my Copic markers. I love all the details that Karen puts into her Angel stamps, they are just beautiful. And when using Copic Sketch markers, you can really ink up those tiny details well. The point of the marker stays pointy which means you don't end up with frayed and nubby markers. BONUS!! You gotta love the quality of these markers. The only shading I did on the Angel image was by simply layering on more of one color around the edges. Building upon one color creates just the right amount of depth I'm looking for on this card.

The main Angel image is cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's Nestabilities rectangle die, then mounted on two other colored rectangles. I wanted to be able to show off the beautiful patterned paper so I kept the layers simple. I love the embossing though, it finishes off the edges just right! Now for those scallops that I love so much.....I cut a scallop rectangle in a coordinating pattern for the top portion of the card using a scallop rectangle Spellbinders die template. I just trimmed off about 1" of the rectangle and matched it up to the other paper. I *sealed* the two edges of pattern paper by tying a ribbon around the card front, I LOVE that look!! And notice how I chose a ribbon that totally contrasts my paper....I have been doing this lately and I love the look. Simply choose a ribbon that's a little *mis-matchy* and the look is STELLAR!

For the round tag, I used a Papertrey sentiment and circle. Punched them out and mounted on another colored circle. Attached a brown eyelet then attached the tag to the ribbon with linen thread. What a perfect finishing touch!

Remember my card idea book that I talk about? Well this card layout will be going into that book because it's for sure to become a favorite. I can't wait to make more cards using this layout. I hope you give it a try...leave a comment and link me to your creations! I love to hear from you all....and thank you for leaving comments, it really lets me know that I have some great stamping friends!!!

Tip of the day: Don't worry about things being so *matchy matchy* on your projects. I actually prefer a little tidbit that is mismatched slightly, it creates a bit of quirkiness and fun and really catches the viewers eye. So next time you're selecting papers or ribbon, throw a few mismatched patterns together and see what you come up with. Keep within a few close color ranges but don't worry that all your blues match or that you mix a polka dot with a paisley. It's ALL good! Variety is the spice of life, ya know!

Supplies:

From Ellen's online store: Lockhart Garden Angel, Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die Templates, Copic Markers and air brushing system.

Other: K & Co McKenna Floral and Pink Circle Diamonds, SU! Purely Pomegranate and River Rock cardstock, Papertrey Ink white cardstock, Brown Eyelet, SU! Linen Thread, Papertrey Ink Circle stamp and sentiment for tag

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the angel, what an awesome card.

Dawn said...

Ok Mish, not only is this card beautiful, but I also LOOOOOVE the yummy PP and ribbon! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Anonymous said...

Great tip today. I do tend to make sure everything is a complete match or not use it at all, but I love how your ribbon looks. Thanks for sharing and as always..beautiful work! Janet

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! This is definitely a layout I will have to try!

Mo Moss said...

I do love this card and you are right, the paper is fantastic. It really does compliment your good work.

Debbi T said...

Mishy, this is JUST GORGEOUS. Dreamy looking! SO SO PRETTY!!!

Robin said...

Love the layout. I'm always trying to match things, so I'll try to intentionally NOT match. Boy, that will be hard!

Beth Thomas said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring and layering are perfect! I will definitely give this layout a try!

Beth Thomas said...

BTW- Do you the maker of that ribbon? It is TDF!

Anonymous said...

As Always another super card! Love the scallop rectangle top. I'm saving and casing this layout for sure. Thanks Michelle for all the wonderful cards layouts and tricks. Now I cut 4" off all my printed 12 x 12 cardstock to use like you do.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, it's pure perfection! LOVE IT!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails